Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | AS-AYL-4 the True K9AY DX antenna with optional Wire/Mast Kit Help

Reviews Summary for AS-AYL-4 the True K9AY DX antenna with optional Wire/Mast Kit
AS-AYL-4   the True K9AY DX antenna with optional Wire/Mast Kit Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $250
Description: K9AY Loop Low bands 4 direction recieve antenna for DXing. Includes relay switching box, adjustable terminations, High performance pre-amp with BCB and SW filters, as well as a mast and wire kit built to military standards, small footprint too. Hear what your missing on the low bands including DXing in the MW and LW bands. Works on 40 and 20m with preamp switch turned off.
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the AS-AYL-4 the True K9AY DX antenna with optional Wire/Mast Kit.

WR5RR Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2007 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Good Low Band Performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been struggling along on 160 with a loaded inverted vee, and recently an inverted L. The L really gave me a good transmit signal, but also gave me lots of noise. I listened to others describing a K9AY loop. Google gave me lots of hits, and different schemes for the hardware and controls. I got the wire part of the antenna up, and learned that ARRAY Solutions was working on a control system for the antenna. ARRAY Solutions has a very good reputation for good equipment, and good help. I ordered the ARRAY Solutions Model AS-AYL-4 four way K9AY Loop System. No problem to install the system, I had already got the feed line, and control line installed, so it was mostly plug and play. Both the relay box and control box are built with very nice printed circuit boards. The support from Jay, WX0B, ARRAY Solutions owner, is very good and he answers questions in a timely manner.
How does it all work, great! While learning how to use the system I listened below the AM broadcast band to NDBs. I could readily check bearings as the NDBs send a cw identifier. You can look this up for location on Google and verify the antenna system is receiving in the selected direction.
Now 160 is much more fun to work. The control box has a very good preamp, 15 db, for 160, and 80 meters. Below 160, and above 80 it has very sharp rejection. It does work very well on 40 meters, just be sure to turn the preamp off.
Thanks to ARRAY Solutions for another very fine product. My wife even commented on the quieter signals on 160. She says “Now You’ll Be A Big Dog On 160”! Maybe not a big dog, but a happy camper I am.