Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Custom Metal Works - Paul Nyland Help

Reviews Summary for Custom Metal Works - Paul Nyland
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tower Installer
More info: http://www.custommetalworks.com

You can write your own review of the Custom Metal Works - Paul Nyland.

WZ6Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2015 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Large job done perfectly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another company estimated 10 days to take down my 140 foot rotating Rohn 55G with 10 big antennas. Paul Nyland estimated 4 days and ended up doing it in just under that. I think the reason they are faster is they have so much experience with this type of work. They also make many of their own tools.

Paul showed up with 3 employees, 2 of whom are very experienced licensed climbers. 3rd guy fantastic ground support. Paul ran the show from the ground.

These guys are real professionals. Paul says "tower climbing isn't a spectator sport, its a dangerous occupation." And he won't allow anyone other than his trained people to be anywhere near them when they are on the tower. Everyone, including those of us helping on the ground, had to wear hard hats.

He also has liability insurance to cover people and property. That is reassuring when you consider the possible cost if a worker drops a tower section or big antenna through the roof of your house, or on your head.

This type of expertise isn't cheap, but its entirely fair. Paid $16,000 for this job, which is a little less than the other company was to charge for their 10 days.

I'd hire them again in a minute, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for great tower service.

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2007 16:33 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paul and his crew do exceptional work, hands-down. I needed somebody to begin the installation of my new tower, without me being on-site. Paul did the job. Very easy to work with and very high quality work. Their quality is a 5+ no question. Only issue was cost. Obviously nothing is free, and as a group we hams are "frugal." To instal the base for a 70 ft self-supporting tower, run conduit, etc I paid about $8000. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get an estimate in advance, however it might not have made any difference. Paul brings his own crew and runs a very professional operation.

I'm taking a little different approach on the final installation of my tower/antenna, since I'm now in the area. Maybe it will be a bit less expensive.

Lot's of hams use Paul and he comes with great references, which I support. Great work, just expensive.

Certainly would recommend Paul without reservation. If you're on-site and able to do some of the work your self, there might be some alternatives.