Reviews Categories | Ham Radio Awards | RGSB Islands on the Air (IOTA) Award Help

Reviews Summary for RGSB Islands on the Air (IOTA) Award
RGSB Islands on the Air (IOTA) Award Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$18.75 to start
Description: Award for working islands around the world. Initial Award is for 100 islands.
More info: http://www.rsgbiota.org/index.php4?countthis=1

You can write your own review of the RGSB Islands on the Air (IOTA) Award.

K9YNF Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2008 14:30 Send this review to a friend
The Mount Everest of DX Awards!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just LOVE this award! I have been chasing IOTA's for several years now and am now on the IOTA Honour Roll with 635 confirmed.

No other DXing award comes close to igniting my competitive spirit than the Islands On The Air programme. Yes, I am nearly on the DXCC Honor Roll but the wait for all-time DXCC New Ones is a long one, especially in the sunspot minimum.

Another thing I particularly like about the IOTA award is that it is not mode or band-specific and all one needs is ONE contact with that rare island group to get the job done. Very spectrum-efficient! That means more Q's to more people, rather than more Q's to fewer people.

I have run two IOTA DXpeditions myself in 2003, one to NA-057 Roatan Island, Honduras and the other, to NA-014 Deer Island, New Brunswick Canada. NEVER have I had such fun in my 47-plus years hamming! Try it yourself!

IOTA people worldwide are very supportive of each other and the RSGB runs one of the tightest award ships around. I am proud to call myself an IOTA Award recipient and would be pleased to help anyone needing an IOTA Elmer.

Wayne C. Long, K9YNF