Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Red Dog Radios Custom RF Cables Help

Reviews Summary for Red Dog Radios Custom RF Cables
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies, depending on cable neede
Description: Custom RF cables built to your specifications. Cables are manufactured using the highest quality coaxial cable and a large variety of connectors are offered.
More info: http://www.reddogradios.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=234

You can write your own review of the Red Dog Radios Custom RF Cables.

KI4SVM Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tom provides excellent cable assemblies and service. I will definitely being purchasing from Red Dog in the future

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2013 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Quality Custom Cables and Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a ham for over 50 years, and for most of that time did my own cabling and soldering. I could rarely get a 'perfect' soldering job on a PL259 and never quite trusted my work. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't meet my expectations.

In 2007 I discovered Red Dog Radio from an e Ham review and have been with Tom ever since. The peace of mind of having a professional cable assembly, cut exactly to specifications, and with quick turn around is worth the added cost over the pre-packaged cables from the big volume suppliers which often lack quality control or
are made from off shore components of questionable quality.

I have never had a failure with Tom's cables or feedlines. I have used them all over the USA and
throughout the South Pacific in all kinds of weather.

I highly recommend Red Dog Radio for custom RF cables and superior service.

Allen
k6usn (E51USN)

NR7J Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2013 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Great customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
5 Stars for Tom - Great quality cables and outstanding customer support.

KJ6UPL Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2012 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Cables!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm a fairly new (technician) ham that was in the process of putting up my first tower last summer. Challenges included 150+ feet between the tower and my shack, it's a crank up tower, and I wanted to used an antenna switch on the tower. Tom worked me through the cabling design. The cables arrived just as ordered and once everything was connected I was working instant 10 meter DX with my 100 watts and 2 element home brew beam. 5 months later, when the band is open, it's still working great. Tom knows his stuff and takes the time to help get your cabling right.

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2008 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Two thumbs up!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I should have done this sooner. I'e been using Red Dog Radio LMR cables for nearly a year now.
Tom's customer service is outstanding (underlined) and the quality of the finished cables is 'commercial grade'.
I've had a lot of custom cables done by Tom (my eyesight is not what it was when I was 25). all came promptly, cut exactly to specifications, and most important of all, have performed flawlessly.

I've used other cable distributors in the past, but for quality of product, speed of service, and customer satisfaction, I won't go anywhere else but to Tom at Red Dog Radio.

Allen
K6USN
(E51USN_

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 18:03 Send this review to a friend
top notch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought some cables a while back. During my shack install, I noticed some play in one of the shield/connector joints. Emailed Tom and he promptly replace it.

Tom's been a pleasure to work with. Great product and service.

N1ESE Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2007 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Value for Custom Work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered a custom LMR-195 BNC to BNC 3' jumper from Red Dog Radios website over the weekend and had it in my hands by that Wednesday for less than $18 delivered. Most other companies wanted upwards of $25 for lesser quality coax. I will likely order from Red Dog again when I need jumpers made and too lazy to make my own.

WA6BTH Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service, Great Options, Fine Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Over the years I've acquired a lot of VHF/UHF gear and I manage several different repeaters let alone my own gear at the QTH. Needless to say, I've got gear with N Type connectors, Mini UHF, UHF, BNC, TNC, you name it. I got tired of buying adapters to go from N to SO-239 or whatever.

About 6 months ago I found Tom's Website, Red Dog Radios (www.reddogradios.com). Wow, talk about a great feature...you can "build" your cables on-line, in real time, cable type, length, type of connector on each end, and it's automatically priced and dropped into a shopping cart.

And the cable quality from Tom is second to none. MIL spec connectors, weather-proofed, 2 day delivery: what more could you ask for?

If you need jumpers in the shack or for your club repeater, don't hesitate buying your cables from Tom at Red Dog Radios, you will not be dissappointed. I don't know why someone didn't think of a website like this sooner.