Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz
Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz Reviews: 45 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $159
Description: Freq. Range 1.8-200MHz Forward Power Range 20/200/2000w
More info: http://www.natcommgroup.com/content.php?menu=3200&page_id=73

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz.

NW3Y Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Very good meter  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought one of these to see just how well it worked. I liked it and it performed so well I bought two more to replace older meters! It does what it says it should do and is accurate (no it's not digital) and quick to read, especially while contesting which is just what I'm looking for. It's pleasant to the eye and has a nice back light feature should you want that too. I'm very pleased with the CN-801.

KA9HJZ Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2013 12:59 Send this review to a friend
nice size meter reading reasonably accurate when you consider t  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use the meter, to check the power output on my tranceivers, when you consider the error factors involved its pretty good,i used a cantenna dummy load and used a Bird 43 and tested it along side. The bird said 52 watts and the Daiwa said 44 or 45 , now consider the Bird says they allow a 5% error with there meter, that can be + or -. the dummy load says they can have a 10% error,so who's to know, in most cases i think close is good enough. nothing is perfect.

KA9HJZ Rating: 3/5 Mar 14, 2013 14:57 Send this review to a friend
nice looking and i beleive accurate but still not sure.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i have been useing my mfj 929 autotuner and wanted to see if it was accurate so i put the daiwa in line with the tuner and the daiwa swr side was four times as high as the tuner, the power side was close. so i pulled the tuner and put a dummy load in its place and the daiwa swr was perfect and the power was close. i,m waiting for a bird wattmeter to finalize the test. still not convinced the tuner is that far off. so i gave it a 3 after i test it with the bird. I'll be back.

KC9NCS Rating: 1/5 Jun 21, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Died After 1 Year of Use  Time owned: more than 12 months
While it's certainly a nice looking "professional" type of meter, this thing is anything but.

It required adjustment to read AVG and Peak properly when I received it. Once that was completed, it functioned well for just over a year before it died. Used it last night, everything was fine. Tried using it today, no RF in, no RF out. I'll probably take it apart and fix it but the point is for what I paid for this thing:

1. It should've arrived without requiring adjustment to make it work right;

2. It should've lasted longer than a year.

My next meter will NOT be a Daiwa. They look nice, and add a nice professional LOOKING touch to one's shack, but that's where the nice things I can say about this thing end. As for "quality" I'd put it in the same category as MFJ - Mighty Fine JUNK.

K9MHZ Rating: 3/5 Jun 25, 2011 20:09 Send this review to a friend
It's OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have to agree with previous reviewers that "professional" is a bit of a stretch for this unit. It looks professional, but it's nowhere near the accuracy of a Bird 43 TRUE reading wattmeter. These instead, are actually voltmeter readings of sampled RF. The documentation and factory support for Diawa products is almost non-existent. Still, they do have utility, and do look nice in a modern shack. I think they're way overpriced for what they deliver, especially since you can get some true pro quality gear in NOS condition from auction sites. So, an OK item.....in school, it would get a "C".

W0ZPE Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2010 03:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before buying two of these meters. The meters are functional, accurate and easy to read.

IK5DNE Rating: 1/5 Jun 10, 2010 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Very poor.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Absolutely without any utility (my serial number for the CN-801 is 1003). I buy it for the P.E.P. measurement function but it is crazy, with my TS 850 in average (CW) I read 110W and in P.E.P. (always in CW mode) I read 140W.
The two parameters with pure carrier have to be equal (on precision dummy load of course) but the Daiwa measure the ghosts.
In fact with professional system (Rohde & Schwarz NRVS Wattmeter and URV5-Z4 sensor) the real power is 106W, so 34W in error for P.E.P. set is out of the world and out of the stated 10% of precision for the Daiwa.
The same story with other RTX, the wattmeter read 30-35W plus the real in P.E.P. position for 100W of carrier.
Do not waste your bucks with this very, very poor wattmeter, the worst wattmeter I tested.

73 de IK5DNE, George.

CE3DNP Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2010 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Excelente  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Tenía un FS-710H Hansen, automático, funcionó muy bien durante largo tiempo hasta que se puso errático. Entonces lo cambié por el Daiwa y quedé sorprendido por su buen comportamiento. Tendré que ver si dura unos tres terremotos para decir que realmente es bueno.

IZ0FYS Rating: 4/5 Aug 2, 2008 09:55 Send this review to a friend
good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
it is very large and I love this.
When unboxed I had like an heart attack HI...cause I didn t know that he needs to be powered before to be able to read Pek watts...so I thought it was broken and I was going back to the seller....
when understood the right way finally I started to test it...
then I saw that it can't read swr on pep mode...
what a pity...!!! anyway...I can see the status of my antenna line setting AVG mode...the forward power will be lower but it's enough to see how much SWR I have...

Later I plugged my dummy load on the antenna output to see if it was been well calibrated by the factory..
the avg forward was ok, switching PEP just 10-15 watts up the difference...I opened the case and easily I adjusted the trimmers on the pcb to align AVG and PEP between them.
that's all, now my daiwa meter is perfect.

KN6E Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2008 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Im happy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I think for a low cost meter it gives you your monies worth. I use it to tune up my AL- 811 and it does that job well.