Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz
Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz Reviews: 44 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $159
Description: Freq. Range 1.8-200MHz Forward Power Range 20/200/2000w
More info: http://www.natcommgroup.com/content.php?menu=3200&page_id=73

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CN-801 Professional Series 1.8 thru 200Mhz.

N4JA Rating: 2/5 Apr 11, 2007 09:40 Send this review to a friend
lacks accuracy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was attracted to this meter because it was advertized as "Professional". The only good feature is the size of the meter movement. I am very critical of wattmeters and if they don't show true readings, I am unsatisfied. The only meter I have been totally satisfied with is the Autek WM-1. This Diawa meter now has a "true peak reading module" in it. With a carrier being fed through it and switching from avg to pep, the meter should read the same. It doesn't. On some bands the pep reads higher than the average and on higher frequency bands the pep side reads lower than the average side. With a sideband signal modulating it, the meter reads low. The meter is not linear with frequency. As you move higher in frequency bands the error increases and the meter reads lower than the true reading should be. The 12v power cord is too short to reach my power supply. There is no power on/off switch and the meter stays lit up as long as the power supply is on and if you were to power it with a wall-wart it will stay on as long as it is plugged into the wall. The next meter I am going to try is the Ameritron AWM-30. I have the same wattmeter as the AWM-30 in my ATR-30 antenna tuner and it works perfectly. Since the ATR-30 sits on a lower shelf in my shack, the meter at that position is hard to read and I need one at eye level. That is the reason I got the Diawa CN801HP. If you don't care for accuracy, this meter will probably be okay for you, but if you have an amplifier that puts out more than 1500 Watts and want to run legal limit power in a DX pile-up, you better get you a better meter.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2007 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Great LARGE Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have this meter interfaced to three rigs and have found it most useful for measuring SWR when tuning, and then switching to the peak reading during transmission. The best feature is it's large size,and well lighted cross-neddle design. It's peak reading is not critical to me, and I plan to buy another for use with my amplifier. I feel it was a good value, and would recommend it to those of us who need a large display.

DM1MT Rating: 3/5 Jan 6, 2007 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Not good not bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello,

i use the CN-801H crossneddle meter now for 12 month and i found good and bad thinks..

+ Easy to read big Crossneedle Meter
+ Well build
+ Nice Backlight

- PEP function does not work correctly. Its only passive mode.
- Not very accurate.

I think you can have a more accurate Power Meter for your Money.

I cannot recommend this Power Meter.

vy 73 de Michael DM1MT

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2006 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Nice big dual needle meters  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have both the 801-H and the 801-V The meter has nice big dual needle meters, You know immediately when something is wrong, (as with me remote antenna switches for several antennas ). I also like that the 801-H will read up to 2 kW on 2 meters, most stop at 200 watts and that is not enough for my needs. But my main reason for the like of the meters is the big dual needle meters, For us near sighted folks.
I can see myself still using these watt meters for many years.

OH5TK Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2006 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Great swr/power meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought this yesterday and I m very satisfied.Price was ok.Large cross needle meter looks good.I highly recommend it.

KC0KKI Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2006 13:13 Send this review to a friend
CN-801HP works great for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the NEW HP model and I am satisfied with it. It is a good looking meter and the fit and finish of the construction in comparison makes the Ameritron meter look like a high school kids shop project...of course the same can be said of all MFJ and Ameritron gear...
I was a bit skeptical after reading all the so-so reviews here but I decided to give the new model a try and I am glad I did. The peak function works fine to me. The response is good and with the large meter face it is REALLY easy on the eyes. Time will tell as to reliability, but in terms of function it works well!

OZ1GCT Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2005 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Does exactly what I expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the CN-801H, because I was so tired calibrating my old SWR-meter,each time I changed
band. Now I can see the swr at once.

ON7DCM Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2005 14:35 Send this review to a friend
great meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought it a week ago . The meter is great !!! Nice !!! If you ask me, better than my D sx 1000.Can't help to write this to the bad comments wr's. Use it were it is made for. Meassuring 50 ohm antennas, cowboys.

K9IGU Rating: 2/5 Apr 1, 2005 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Reflected went south (died)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had unit less than a year and the reflected side went south (died) this past week. For the price I paid, I would have thought it would have lasted much longer.

N8ERM Rating: 0/5 Aug 15, 2004 18:37 Send this review to a friend
JUNK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this watt meter expecting it to be great. Was I wrong. This meter is not even close to being correct in any range. Does not measure PEP at all. Thank goodness the company I bought from refunded my money less shipping. No more Diawa products for me.