Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Watson TFM 40-2 Fibreglass Telescopic Mast Help

Reviews Summary for Watson TFM 40-2 Fibreglass Telescopic Mast
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: This is a telescopic mast that extends from 8 feet to 40 feet (12.2 metres)RRP 199.99
More info: http://www.wsplc.com

You can write your own review of the Watson TFM 40-2 Fibreglass Telescopic Mast.

M3ZTW Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2007 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Diamond X700H dual bander came crashing down from a height of 70feet at the tip when the 40 foot mast made up of 5 ft swaged aluminium poles snapped during some exceptionally stormy weather in Januuary 2007. Despite being guyed at 15 feet below the antenna the 50mph+ gusts were just too much.
What I needed was a similar height mast that could be raised or lowered as required in a couple of minutes.
I went along to Waters & Stanton at Hockley in Essex to look at the telescopic mast.
It is 8 feet collapsed and comprises 5 x 8 foot sections locked in place with nice quick release collars (locked/unlocked with a small lever).
I was very impressed with the quality and bought it straight away.

In practice my antenna is now back up using the telecopic mast. I can lower it from full height to minimum and back to full height again in 2/3 minutes.

To aid rigidity I use about 2/3 of each sections maximum elevation. As my antenna itself is very large and whippy a light breeze will institute a fair degree of sway , so using less of each section helps introduce more stability.

I would guess this would be a great mast for using on field days with either a tripod or vehicle mount of some description.

Anyway I am very happy in knowing that I can now safeguard my antenna in strong winds by lowering it very quickly , an option I didn't have before.