Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Northwest Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Northwest Antennas
Northwest Antennas Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$58.99
Description: For use on 80 thru 10 meters and 160 meters when fed as a marconi antenna.
We wanted a strong G5RV antenna system to withstand our harsh northern climate and this antenna is the result of many different designs. Smaller than an 80 meter dipole with 102` total element length & 31` feedline 450 ohm ladderline for the feedline. The feedline is secured into both housings using a feedline strain system. All connections are soldered and completely sealed. The center housing contains a secured eyelet for hanging also a SO239 which is locked, sealed and cemented for years of dependable service. The elements are constructed using black #14 insulated flexwire. Molded element insulators are installed and we`ll include helpful set-up tips.
More info: http://www.northwestantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the Northwest Antennas.

KI6NIC Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2008 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Money well spent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well made antenna. I have it 35ft up a pine tree on my property as a inverted V. Paired up with my Yaesu 857D running 100 watts. I have made many contacts all over the united states and so far Japan a few times. On 80 thru 15 meters with great signal reports. I bought it because I felt it would make it thru our Lake Tahoe winters of 200 plus inches of snow each season. I would buy this antenna again.

KC0SHZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2007 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Well-built antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the G5RV from them as they told me that they build antennas that can handle Thunder Bay, Ontario winters. I will have to see if it can handle the wind and ice of a Nebraska winter yet, but it certainly was well built. All the connections were tight. It installed easily. The instructions on how to build the current balun to connect the antenna to were clear and easily doable by my limited skills at building things.

The antenna tunes OK. I am getting variable signal reports, but I think that has to do more with the band conditions than the antenna.

Very pleased so far. If it handles my winter intact, I will probably buy all my wire antennas from them in the future.

N2RFY Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2007 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product and great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced my worn out and broken Van Gordon G5RV with this antenna, and I am totally pleased. I bought the 102' G5RV, seems to be well built, well sealed. Uses ladder line. Has a SO239 connector. Uses insulated wire. No kinking. Easy to put up. Tunes on 10m thru 80m with my LDG Z-100 auto tuner with no problems and has SWR of less than 2.0 across the bands. Was DX'ing in the first hour of hanging it. Kevin provides excellent customer service as well.

N1VEB Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2007 01:30 Send this review to a friend
80-10 Meter Full Length G5RV Wire Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well made antenna, tunes easily and well sealed from the weather