Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | FingerDimple FT817 Kranker knob Help

Reviews Summary for FingerDimple FT817 Kranker knob
FingerDimple FT817 Kranker knob Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $$20.00
Description: Replacement knob for the popular FT817 series radio. Made of CNC machined aluminum annodized black. Provides a true FT101 style spinner knob, exact replacement for the original.
More info: http://www.fingerdimple.com

You can write your own review of the FingerDimple FT817 Kranker knob.

WB4KLI Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2010 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I emailed Wayne and asked if I could do a swap on a product that I had not used for a Kranker Knob for my new 817nd. He said sure. Within a week the trade was made. I paid the difference and postage, and now I have just what I needed for this little rig. Small buttons and knobs are no longer a problem.
Wayne could not have been more cordial.

K8YSV Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2010 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Awesome product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one through W4RT and unfortunately, it arrived with a stripped set screw hole. I emailed the company (FingerDimple) and they responded within an hour, and sent me a new one immediately. I had it in the mail 2 days later and they would not allow me to return the old one. The replacement worked perfectly and I'm totally satisfied with the product. I agree that Yaesu should have put one of these on the 817 in the first place.

If you have an 817, you need one of these on it.

K1TP Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2009 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Nice item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great...too bad Yaesu didn't think of it to start with...

WA4SW Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2009 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Short but Sweet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Somewhat slicker than a branch in a tree full of birds. Easy to install and all I can say is excellent product. Makes the 817 easy to use.

John K5GRR

9A2RK Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2008 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the knob via E-Bay and got it for few days.Thanks to a short but clear description and attached "tool" installation was very simple and easy.
A great innovative product which makes the usage of FT 817 more comfortable.
I recommend it to all 817 users.

KC5HMC Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2008 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Must have for the FT-817  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Kranker knob is much better than the stock knob. Yaesu should have this on there from the factory. Installation is simple, just remove the rubber "band" from the factory knob and put it on the Kranker knob. Tighten the allen screw with the supplied allen wrench and start tuning.

NU6I Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2007 21:00 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought mine from W4RT. Looks like original.
Makes life easier and the FT817 more enjoyable.
Great service.

K4WY Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2007 12:35 Send this review to a friend
great idea  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like it, and then realized I had the "sel" knob that allowed me to zip up and down the band too. Kranker Knob makes it a little bit more intuitive.

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2007 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Instructions are Easy and Included  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed my Kranker knob on my 817 and it works as advertised. Perhaps the previous reviewer did not notice that the instructions are written right on the tab that seals the plastic bag that the knob came in. They were easy to follow and fit on the tab because they are very brief. Great innovative product. Yaesu should have done this themselves. It makes tuning the rig much easier.

K1HC Rating: 2/5 Apr 23, 2007 17:56 Send this review to a friend
What Instructions?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my order quickly, but I had no instructions in the box or the two plastic bags I received. The website pictures would lead you to believe that the knob you receive has the same type of molded rubber with indentations as you have on your stock Yaesu knob, but the one I received is all metal and smooth. I have e-mailed the company. I am guessing I have to somehow peel off the rubber from the existing knob and find a set screw under that to loosen and then re-use the rubber from the Yaesu knob. Perhaps that should be on the website as a full disclosure of what you are getting. I will re-post after I get a reply from the company.