Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Kranker Knob (sic.) by Finger Dimple Help

Reviews Summary for Kranker Knob (sic.) by Finger Dimple
Kranker Knob (sic.) by Finger Dimple Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$20
Description: A knob by K8FF for the FT-817 series that finally adds the ability to cruise the bands without your finger flying off.
More info: http://www.FingerDimple.com

You can write your own review of the Kranker Knob (sic.) by Finger Dimple.

K6JWB Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2011 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this for my FT450 and now am ordering for my ft817. I can't wait for the Icom versions!

John B
K6JWB

KB9TMP Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2010 12:21 Send this review to a friend
What Yaesu "Should" Have Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Kranker Knob has made the FT-817 VFO knob truly useful. I agree with the previous person who said they should make them for larger radios. I have a Kenwood TS-450Sat that I've had a Finger Dimple on for years. It would be even better with a gray Kranker Knob. Bought my Kranker from W4RT and Ralph, N5DOI REALLY takes care of his customers! I highly recommend both the Finger Dimple/Kranker Knob people and W4RT Electronics.

VR2XMQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2008 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Product from a friendly company.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used many of the finger dimples on the spinner knobs of various radios without a hitch for years.

I had just purchased a FT-817ND so wanted to replace it with the cranker knob, so I ordered one along with two more finger dimples.

The knob arrived today (25/02/2008) an was fitted to my FT-817ND within minutes. Beautifully made cranker knob, this company are always friendly and fast with their deliveries.

Great product, now you should think about similar cranker knobs for some of the other radios also.

Highly recommended.

Steve, VR2XMQ / VR10XMQ

N4VNZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2007 14:42 Send this review to a friend
This thing is just too cool!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When are you gonna make one for larger radios? Such as Kenwood base stations?

Anyway, this is cute as a bug's ear...

KB5CEJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2007 06:51 Send this review to a friend
It does the trick!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you're curious about the Kranker, I bought one for my 817 and did a brief video, here:

G4EDR Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2007 03:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Product - Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use my FT817 mainly as a general coverage receiver. However the VFO knob is a pain. The dimple is too small and my finger slips off the edge of the knob. The Kranker Knob solves this. The VFO is now much easier to use. It's very easy to fit with the tool provided.

I had to contact Wayne because after about 3 weeks I had not received the Kranker Knob in the mail. Another was promtly sent to me no questions asked. Great customer service. The first has still not arrived (lost in the postal system I assume) but Wayne said to keep it if it does.

73, David - G4EDR

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2007 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Just what the FT-817 needs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just perfect! Makes the VFO of the FT-817 useful now.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2007 17:35 Send this review to a friend
Great addtion  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Nice add on to my 817. Perfect look. Wish they made one for my TS-2000!!

Dan

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2007 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice work the radio lacked...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received two knobs from W4RT. First, W4RT does a nice job of selling, shipping and packing useful accessories.

This new knob is black in color and billet annodized aluminum, and includes an allen wrench to remove your existing knob. You slip the rubber ring off the rig, then unscrew the nut and put this knob in its place, reusing your rubber grip.

This will then give you a way to turn the dial rapidly which is difficult as Yaesu shipped it.

The knob is nicely milled, half the price of a Japanese competitor and with no shipping or customs pains possible.

My only suggestion would be to add other colors to the product line to give the radio a unique appearance.

Start with fire engine red !