Reviews Categories | Microphones | MFJ-295y Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-295y
MFJ-295y Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $16.95
Description: Mini speaker microphone for Yaesu FT-50Rs, Icom Q7A
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-295Y

You can write your own review of the MFJ-295y.

KF6HHH Rating: 4/5 Apr 18, 2015 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my second MFJ speaker/mic. Both have worked quite well (different models for different radios) so I am pleased with them. I don't use them all the time, but when I do they work great. Worth the few dollars they ask for them.

WD5CCW Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
2nd one  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Looks like my original one was the 6 years ago. The cable dried out near the top, so I bought another one. It has more metal to it, although audio quality is not as broad range, for $20 it does the job.

K0CMH Rating: 4/5 Nov 28, 2007 13:41 Send this review to a friend
MFJ-259 works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an FT-60R and needed a speaker mic that fit this bill: 1. cheap 2. didn't need to hold up to long use - only use rarely 3. decent audio.

Well, this little jem lives up to all three. In fact, the audio reports I get say it sound much better then the built in mic of the FT60-R.

So far it has held up to daily transport inside my briefcase (I carry it , the HT and a batery pack to work every day).

Since I have not, and do not plan on, subjecting this to regular use, I cannot comment on that, but it sure is a good little mic for the price if regular use is not your game.

WD5CCW Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2007 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Speaker/Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
This mic was a life saver for my vx7r, I had the model that wouldn't was buggy enough so others couldn't hear me, my work-a-round was using the MFJ-295. No more "can't hear you" or "barely hear you" comments now! Other plus is: I don't have to take the radio off my belt!