Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor Help

Reviews Summary for WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor
WaveNode WN-2  Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $385 Complete
Description: The WN-2 allows viewing four Coax sensors simultaneously on its LCD display or PC via USB 2.0. Monitor Modulation waveform and spectrum at the coax directly on your PC! You can mix sensors and add sensors at any time.
Features four auxiliary analog inputs, eight digital input/outputs, as well as power supply voltage and current monitoring. Big on performance, but small enough to go mobile or in the field.
Visit the WaveNode website where you can download our software for inspection, view photos, and learn more.
More info: http://www.wavenode.com

You can write your own review of the WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor.

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings,

I purchased this unit last week. It arrived today and I followed the instructions to install the USB drivers. Everything went well until I attempted to load the software. I gave Alan a call at 8 PM EDT. He helped me load a remote access program on my computer and he went on my PC and clicked on the necessary arrows to load the software. I'm a blind ham and have to depend on screen reading software and some things just don't speak at all.

Bottom line, the unit works as advertised. I now have an accurate SWR and watt meter that I can read myself. Just outstanding service from Alan and WaveNode to assist me to install the software and get the unit working FB. 73, Bob K3UL

AF4RK Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 15:10 Send this review to a friend
QRO necessity!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I run an Alpha 86 at 1KW and it is very reassuring during a contest to see the SWR right next to N1MM. The only issue I have had is that the unit has a preference for the USB port. Once installed on its favorite port, it works perfectly!

N0DQS Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2013 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Great meter and company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the WN-2 for over 2 years, I have the software loaded on my XP-3 computer, this is a dedicated computer used to run a Flex 3000 and a Flex 1500 and it works great, I have 2 HF sensors and 2 VHF sensors for weak signal rig and it really works nice. I also have used it on a OS7 computer and no issues. The company has been very helpful with any questions I may have. Just ordered a WN-2M for the mobile, looking forward to getting it.

WD5Y Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2013 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started with the wn-1 unit and was one of the first to post a review on eham about the wavenode products, which I will say has been and is excellent. I had a sensor (approximately ten years in service) that I felt needed possible calibration. I called Alan and he asked me to send the unit back so he could inspect, update, and adjust. Well, I waited for the confirmation of the cost to do this and nothing mentioned. This to me is unbelievable in this day and age, service like this on an item that is around ten years old! I was not expecting this, I will definitely look for new gear that has the Wavenode name on it and this does not even speak to the abilities of their equipment.

Thanks and 73's
Joe
WD5Y

N7HD Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2013 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Product-Outstanding Service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Emailed Alan about a problem with a sensor-He said send it back and he would take care of it.
I expected to pay for the repair since it was out of warranty but Alan sent it back N/C and it works GREAT! Alan, you have the greatest service I have encountered and I urge thoes looking for this type of digital meter to consider the WaveNode product.

W0KH Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Great product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Wavenode WN-2d with the rotor control option. This was a easy set-up to my station. The rotro control works PERFECT with my Uaesu G-800DXA rotor. I purchased two sensors, one for HF and one for 2 meters.

W1MSG Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 05:01 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Wavenode WN-2. It was a breeze to set up and gives you the accuracy needed far beyond any other type system out there. I would like to see a feature added to allow a peak hold time on the Wavenode unit itself so you dont have to watch the meter continuously in stand alone mode. I think the best part is being able to have 4 sensors connected at one time and to be able to mix and match HF UHF VHF etc .. Truly a Great piece of equipment !

K3PD Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2011 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tool. Great Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My experience with the WaveNode WN-2 is 180 degrees for that expressed by MY4DX and M0CKP. Works perfectly with my XP3 computer which is also running the program for the Flex radio and FireFox at the same time. I had a couple questions about the unit after I had it a few weeks and got a very prompt return call from Alan. All I can say is 100% Satisfied.

NY4DX Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2011 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Works Great..Best SWR Meter available  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alan was quick to resolve my problems. I must note that the problems were not with the Wavenode system but with my PC set-up. Alan responded very quickly and helped me get the system working flawlessly!

If you can Buy this system!

NY4DX Rating: 3/5 Jul 3, 2011 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Great unit but....  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this unit for a while and when it works, it is a great addition to the shack. I have experienced a few problems with the unit noteably having the WN-2 unit sending a signal to a dedicated Windows XP pc via the WN-2 software.

The unit will work correctly for approximately 1 minute then it goes into a default mode. This problem makes the software interface with the pc useless. I have 3 sensors attached to the unit but only one will work at a time without the software interface sending information to the PC display.

I have sent the unit back to Alan who has been great trying to resolve the issue. He provided a new power supply and pc interface cable but the unit still faults out.

I also have issue with the WN-2 software download. This may be a personal problem with my set-up but it still requires noting. The software does not have an .exe file and I had to be install the WN-2 software manually. My pc does not appear to recognize the WN-2 program icons nor did it appear load the WN-2 interface drivers correctly.

I believe the WN-2 driver is a problem with the XP version of windows.

I will be contacting Alan for another try at it.