Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor Help

Reviews Summary for WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor
WaveNode WN-2  Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $385 Complete
Description: The WN-2 allows viewing four Coax sensors simultaneously on its LCD display or PC via USB 2.0. Monitor Modulation waveform and spectrum at the coax directly on your PC! You can mix sensors and add sensors at any time.
Features four auxiliary analog inputs, eight digital input/outputs, as well as power supply voltage and current monitoring. Big on performance, but small enough to go mobile or in the field.
Visit the WaveNode website where you can download our software for inspection, view photos, and learn more.
More info: http://www.wavenode.com

You can write your own review of the WaveNode WN-2 Wattmeter/Modulation Monitor.

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2011 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Service to Boot!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I posted my comments on how much I like this meter. It's not that far down the list here as well. What I'm talking about is the Service after the Sale. I'm writing about my experiences.

I've had my WN-2 for over a year and love it. But recently, something happened to it. I contact Alan Burroughs who heads up WaveNode and simply asked him what my options were. His response was send it to me and I'll fix it.

I sent it in as it was deader than a door nail. He confirmed it was deader than a door nail and installed a complete new board. Total cost: The shipping. About $24.00.

Now the kicker is either lightning, static or I blew it up trying to integrate voltage reading into the AUX port (a supported feature). This was not a product failure. This was a product destruction. And I did it!. I was honest with Alan, but he (they) stand(s) behind his (their) product. Well, so do I.

I would recommend this meter to anyone. It's accurate, provide great station capabilities and a product support that warrant 'Best In Class' awards.

M0CKP Rating: 0/5 Apr 16, 2011 01:45 Send this review to a friend
pile of junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well i had some meters in my time but this one is junk, poor construction take a look at the big hole in the back i thought that is was missing some parts especially when it did not work,even my station manager commented on it,
very disapointed. SENT THIS JUNK BACK

K8HUG Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2011 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Service; Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Wavenode is really a great product. I have had my waveNode about 2 years and love it, particularly the spectrum analyzer. My main reason for writing is to recount how great Alan is to work with. I had my computer struck by lightning this last summer. The Wavenode wouldn't work. I called Alan and we couldn't get it to work. I shipped the unit to Alan and he fixed it at no charge! I couldn't even pay him for postage. I don't post often on eham.net, but I had to comment on what a great product Wavenode is and the tremendous customer support.

N9AMI Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2011 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I looked at all the so called high end watt meters and I am very glad I went with the WaveNode WN-2. Great customer service, quality product with a USB connection unlike others with DB9 connections for computer interfacing. I have the 8K RF View sensor and am about to order a 2K model also. No issues with install or the software. Its much more than just a watt meter. I suggest you do your homework when you decide to purchase one of these type of meters. I have no regrets on my purchase.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great customer service, outstanding quality. Definitely I got my money's worth with this purchase!

OZ1MFP Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2010 01:13 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the wavenode 2
with two hf and one vhf/uhf sensor
and having a software implemented
band scope to see your signal
real-time is really amazing
this is the "flexradio" of wattmeters

NZ6E Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 19:10 Send this review to a friend
Best setup out there  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the easiest and best SWR/Watt meter I've used. It makes tuning up the AMP very quick and graphical. You can map your antennas and save the plots for later comparison. A very useful tool in the shack! Alan is very easy to deal with and if you have any questions, his support is second to none.

I also have a Bird 43 with the peak reading option and a fist full of slugs. The WaveNode makes the bird obsolete for in shack use.

VE2YMM Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2010 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Great support!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Before I choose WaveNode for my radios, I've tried a few numeric SWR/Wattmeter, etc. Most of them was good, but just do what they was supposed to do on a short range of frequencies, not more. With WaveNode I have now 4 probes : 2 for HF, 1 for VHF/UHF and now 1 for SHF (shf-3) @ 1300MHz, all on the same monitor! When I've ordered the new probes, I've done a mistake and received the wrong probes. After a short email to WaveNode, Alan send me 'free' of charge the Probes I had to receive. In the same time I've send them back (and Alan trust me...). Because it was not enough, he add a free option on one of the probe (RF-View). What can I say! The SWR works like a charm, I've got a really great service and support! If I could give more than 5/5 here I will do it! Hi ...

Yves,
ve2ymm.com
(Montreal, Canada)

KB1NXE Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2010 10:44 Send this review to a friend
This Is It!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had a WaveNode WN-2 for about 4 months now. It's tied into my Icom 756 Pro III. It provides the best means I've encountered to monitor your Power, Modulation and Signal - period. The modulation and signal displays are just like having an inline scope. Makes setting your audio transmit levels a breeze whether you use a Mic or PSK.

Installation is simple. Basic install is to insert the sensors in line with the coax and plug it in. Connect the USB cable and load the software. There's not much to customize in the application, so the setup is also simple.

You can do a lot with this box. External Voltage or Temp monitors (monitor the temp of your finals and if you have an amp, monitor it as well), status indicators (an easy way to provide on-screen cues to antenna selection, etc).

Try it, you'll like it. Especially if you do a lot of station automation.

K7LY Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2009 15:43 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
No need to go over all the product's great benefits since it does everything it claims to do...and does it well. Just go to WaveNode's page and see.
What I really want to do is rave about Wavenode's service. It is outstanding. After owning the device for a few months I decided to hook up the RC-1 to my Yaesu 1000 DXA rotator, but just couldn't get the maps to display correctly. A quick email to Alan was all it took. He even created maps for me that were focused on my own lat/long. I now have a rotator control that works like a champ.

What a great product and what great service!