Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Terlin Outbacker Stealth Plus Help

Reviews Summary for Terlin Outbacker Stealth Plus
Terlin Outbacker Stealth Plus Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $329.99
Description: 80-10, plus 6 & 2m multiband compact HF mobile vertical

You can write your own review of the Terlin Outbacker Stealth Plus.

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2013 14:38 Send this review to a friend
IT WORKS  Time owned: more than 12 months
PUT ON ROOF OF EXTENDED CAB TRUCK. Talked 450 miles on 80 mtrs w/out any problems. Good investmnt if purchased used. Very pricey new.

G0ISW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2007 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb & compact  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 2 of these amazing Australian aerials, I sold the first and later regretted it! Only 90cm tall (3 feet) it performs superbly on HF and as a bonus doesn't look too bad when mounted on a car.

The outbacker stealth plus covers 80-75-40-30-20-17-15-10-6-2 metres bands using a flying wander lead. The aerial appears to be helically wound for its entire length and is quite broad at its base around 4cm (1 1/2") and terminates in a 3/8" thread.

The SWR minimum is achieved through a tuning rod, which once set for 40m doesn't really need moved again for any band and the bandwidth is good too.

Performance is very good and even on 80m I consistently receive 59 reports. When not on my car I also use this aerial as my base HF vertical, with a suitable earth counterpoise and work the World with it on HF.

The only band I haven't used it on is 2m.

The only negative point about this aerial is that due to its diameter and associated wind resistance it can dislodge even the most robust of HF magnetic mounts, which happened to me on the motorway at 70 MPH! That isn't really a fault of the aerial though.

It is very robust and appears much better made than a number of rival multiband wander lead aerials.

I cannot commend this HF aerial enough.

73 Philip G0ISW