Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Fldigi - Digital Mode software Help

Reviews Summary for Fldigi - Digital Mode software
Fldigi - Digital Mode software Reviews: 91 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $free
Description: A digital mode program for PSK31, RTTY, and many other operating modes. Available as free & open source software, coded in C++ for Linux.

You can write your own review of the Fldigi - Digital Mode software.

K7ZOV Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2016 16:08 Send this review to a friend
FT991 and FlDigi ROCKS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just read a negative review of FLDIGI and the FT-991. Normally I would ignore reviews like this, but this time I had to correct the last reviewers point of view.. I have been using FlDigi with a FT-991 for about a year +now. 20 meters an 40 meters 2-5 day/nights a week. Mostly PSK31, PSK63 and some Olivia. I am using the internal sound card in the radio and computer. The computer is a 4 yr old Windows 10 based laptop. I also have Log4OM running at the same time. I can honestly say the combination of the FT-991 and FlDigi is nothing short of wonderful. I have never had any issues with dropping or hang up or anything... I suggest to the last reviewer that she should check his computer and maybe change out his USB cable. You have a hardware issue and it is not a FlDigi issue. I have used FlDigi for will over a decade with dozens of different radios and computers. With the exception of Prolific products, FTDI products have never given me fits. The software is solid and stable. It is a known quantity to me with XP, Win8 Win8.1 and Win10. No complaints ..
TA2AWT Rating: 2/5 Jul 3, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
FT 991  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tested Fldigi with my FT-991. If you want to use Rig's internal soundcard fldigi will lock everytime. You can save it by resetting all. Need to solve this situation.
KB1TCE Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2016 10:25 Send this review to a friend
A wonderful suite of programs  Time owned: more than 12 months
I began using fldigi shortly after I got my license in 2009. The program proved to be very easy to use but the revelation was when I discovered the forms program flmsg. It took a little while but soon we were using fldigi/flmsg in our ARES/RACES group and it has become a standard pairing of programs in Maine. We have two statewide fldigi/flmsg (aka NBEMS) nets, one VHF and the other HF, that have been in weekly operation since late 2010 and there are a number of county nets that use the programs.

The learning curve is relatively fast and the open source/cross-platform nature of this suite of programs makes them usable by a wide cross-section of users. I use the programs on Windows and Linux. W1HKJ's team of programmers and support people are responsive and provide enhancements and fixes very quickly.

With the arrival of flamp, we now have a set of programs that can do multicast with guaranteed accuracy. Very fast transfers are possible on our linked repeaters with the multicarrier robust PSK modes.

Many of the hams who are familiar with flmsg think of it as a forms-making program for use only with fldigi. However, it's also a great stand-alone program. We have used it to prepare and move forms (ICS, radiogram, etc.) within our EOC by thumb drive, shared drive and mesh network. Our county officials can put flmsg on their computers and send the files to the radio room without any need for transcribing or cut and paste. We also send flmsg files as attachments to email and radio-email messages and they may also be placed on store-forward bulletin board systems.

If the recipient doesn't have flmsg, the form can be exported and sent as formatted text or as an html text file that can be viewed on any browser.
G4DWV Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2016 07:15 Send this review to a friend
It's brill!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This program is unbelievable. It is actively developed and the interface/GUI is very nice ergonomic. It does not make your eyes bleed like that of MultiPSK!

The author, Dave W1HKJ, is very responsive and is active in the Yahoo support group.

From what I have read in the less than 5* reviews, the problems are not to do with the program itself as many more people would have the same issues.
K1AUS Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2016 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only been using digital modes for about a month. FLDIGI was the first program I used. It was easy to figure out and quick to learn enough to be fuctional in casual use even in contests. There was some signals that it wouldn't decode so I went looking for "a better" program. I tried DM-780 that comes with HRD ver.5 and still haven't quite figured it out. I then tried MultiPSK which works with more digital modes than just about any other program, but for me it was clumsy and slow to use. So I am back to FLDIGI as it is the easiest to use program I have tried. The support from the yahoo group is great and fast. The only mode I wish it had (so far) is JT-65 which I see more of popping up on the bands.
KE0ABA Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 18:42 Send this review to a friend
No need to look elsewhere  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I started In PSK with Digipan then AirLink Express. Was looking for more, tried HRD780 but was not willing to invest in the learning curve. A friend suggested fldigi so dusted it off and tried it. Cannot recall why I didn't use this great piece of software in the first place. Every day I find a new and useful feature in this program. I got myself into trouble with an upgrade few months ago, posted my issue on the fldigi Yahoo group and got a response from Dave himself, trying to help. Turned out to be a Windows issue, totally unrelated to Fldigi. Service, support and a great piece of software for free. Many thanks to Dave W1HJK and the team for making this software available to the ham radio community.
NA4IT Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I highly recommend the entire FLDigi package as a communications tool for EMCOMM groups. The fact that you can transmit properly formatted messages is a plus. And, you can even train folks that in a local situation, they can use and HT and a laptop on a voice repeater with no interface, just audio coupling.
W0ELH Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a HAM for 50+ years and have seen much come and go in the hobby/service. What continues to amaze me and gladden my heart is the giving nature of those involved. A great example of this is FLDIGI and the related software. Many many thanks to the developers for all the hard work they put in.
I do love this software.
73, W0ELH

CT1BXX Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2015 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Very good, however...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I do like FLDigi very much, the reason for rating 5
However I would like to make a single note... if it is possible to have FSK and also CW via COM Port it would be great.
I have tried Pseudo FSK / CW but I still prefer via com Port, perhaps I am a bit old fashioned.
If it is implemented, my rating would be 5X5X5 ...

73 Manuel Fernando
WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2015 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Glad I discovered this gem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My experience is similar to G7RUJ in earlier review. I am a long-time MixW user after trying a bunch of other digital mode programs. I decided to try flDigi and see what all the commotion was about.

Wow. Love the RSID feature. And the flexibility of the software. It took me an hour of tinkering to get it working with my Flex 5000 and DDUtil and VSPManager, but when I chose the TS480 rig profile (just like with other programs) everything works perfectly. I could never get the QRZ lookup to work with MixW, but it's a snap with flDigi.

A lot of thought went into this application. It's not a simple tool, but that's because of all the features offered.

Hope to work you on the newer digital modes!