Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | fldigi Help

Reviews Summary for fldigi
fldigi Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $free
Description: A digital mode program for PSK31, RTTY, and many other operating modes. Available as free & open source software, coded in C++ for Linux.
More info: http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html

You can write your own review of the fldigi.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2015 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Glad I discovered this gem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My experience is similar to G7RUJ in earlier review. I am a long-time MixW user after trying a bunch of other digital mode programs. I decided to try flDigi and see what all the commotion was about.

Wow. Love the RSID feature. And the flexibility of the software. It took me an hour of tinkering to get it working with my Flex 5000 and DDUtil and VSPManager, but when I chose the TS480 rig profile (just like with other programs) everything works perfectly. I could never get the QRZ lookup to work with MixW, but it's a snap with flDigi.

A lot of thought went into this application. It's not a simple tool, but that's because of all the features offered.

Hope to work you on the newer digital modes!

AA7FY Rating: 4/5 Jan 17, 2015 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Digital happiness   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a year off moving I am back on the air and my upgrade down load of HRD/DM780 just kept locking up :(. Fall back was DigiPan until I was turned on to FLdigi! I am happy, it's the best of both worlds smooth like DigiPan and cool like HRD! Took a little trial and error on rig control for the ts850sat but all good now!! (Only reason for a 4 instead of a 5, but it's more me trying to learn .xml editing). Highly recommend giving it a good try!!

WX4O Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2014 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it on 2 computers with Win 8.1 and it simply works. Great multimode software.

K2TL Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2014 05:25 Send this review to a friend
The best at any price..and it's free!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using FLdigi for several years and have also used most every other multimode program out there, including MixW and HRD. I have used FLdigi on several different computers,operating systems, and radios and I have NEVER had a single issue. I also use it with FLrig and FLdigiDXcluster. This makes for a totally enjoyable setup. Is there a learning curve? Uh, yeah...like everything else in Ham Radio. But really its less complicated than many other programs, and it just works.

G7JUR Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2014 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Started off using MIXW in 2004, then DM780.
Now using Fldigi, and I am very pleased with it.
Runs many data modes. Has multi channel signal browser. Does QRZ.COM xml lookup sends call sign data to PSK reporter, and uploads log to EQSL.
Also has CAT to control my rig.
The documentation for it is very well written and can be download as a PDF, I view it on my iPad.
Don't be fooled by its uncluttered look, as it is packed full of features, and very customizable.
I am running it on desktop with Windows & 32 bit.
Many thanks to Dave and has team, for Fldigi.
And the best thing it is free, and the support via yahoo groups is great.

KA9QWC Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2014 04:42 Send this review to a friend
Works great for our use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been working with FLDIGI for a number of years now and from my perspective & type of operation it would be difficult to find a better all purpose program at this time. First I am not very active into DX nor contesting modes. Our primary interest is with radio traffic/messages & associated nets to include ARES/RACES. We do use the FLDIGI suitcase of options, FLWRAP, FLMSG, FLAMP & recently tested FLARQ. When a received RADIOGRAM or ICS-213 form pops up on our monitor screen we could hardly ask for much more. The FLDIGI program is free of cost & does get updated as other options develop. We use it on both HF & VHF bands.

And when stated "WE" my XYL WB8ORR uses FLDIGI too.

I have read numerous posts concerning problems with certain cables along with some interface units. For our set-up we are using the $40 Donner interface units made in Ohio & they seem to work & perform flawlessly. Recently we added 2 each serial ports on the computer & eliminated the USB to serial cable.

We have a Indiana Digital Net operating Monday to Friday at 9 am on or about 3585 KHZ, using the OLIVIA 8/500 transmission mode. And a number of other states have radio nets near this frequency too. You can monitor/copy those transmitted signals to gain familiarity with the FLDIGI program.

Additionally I use FLDIGI on Air Force MARS.

Hope you enjoy FLDIGI, 73 de Don KA9QWC

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works perfectly on Win 7 (I have computers with 32 and 64 bit systems including the Pro version) so I can only conclude that others have problems that are affecting fldigi. Perhaps a Win repair might resolve these, but who knows.

Just to see I also installed it on my Mac (PPC with 10.4) and it is flawless there as well. My only suggestion would be to incorporate all the various add-on programs into one package (like HRD) . Even so, this is a great program. Now if we had one that incorporates JT65, JT9, WSPR and any others I have forgotten, life would be even better!

Still fldigi is well worth a look.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 22:28 Send this review to a friend
No problems with Win7  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used it for years, with Win7. No issues.

The fault is not with the network, or the station. Please adjust your set.

AJ0Z Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Great on Win 7  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don't know what some are experiencing but with FTDI chip USB to Serial converters I have used Fldigi on Windows 7 Pro for more than a year without any issues at all.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Works great with Ubuntu  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not a Microsoft fan so I run Ubuntu (Linux spin-off) on my laptop. I've been using FLDigi for a little over a year now and have had no problems with it. It easily interfaced with my Kenwood TS-480 and I've made countless contacts on digital modes.

I've noticed several reviewers say it's not stable, although I can't speak for the Windows version, the Linux version is solid as a rock. No problems here and I plan to keep using it for a long time.