Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | fldigi Help

Reviews Summary for fldigi
fldigi Reviews: 77 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $free
Description: A digital mode program for PSK31, RTTY, and many other operating modes. Available as free & open source software, coded in C++ for Linux.
More info: http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html

You can write your own review of the fldigi.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2014 20:33 Send this review to a friend
No Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have run FLDIGI and the associated programs in the NBEMS suite on a WIN XP desktop and laptop and a WIN 7 desktop and notebook with no problems at all. The ONLY difficulties I have had were with the USB drivers for my USB to RS232 cable with my WIN 7 machine - not an FLDIGI problem.

W5HYN Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2014 18:29 Send this review to a friend
FLDIGI does FSK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I second all the good reviews. Also I would like to add that FLDIGI can do real FSK for RTTY. All you need is a good sound card that can accept tones on the right stereo channel and convert to keyed voltage. Then configure FLDIGI to send FSK on the right channel. The microham Digi Keyer II is an example of a card that will do this.

KE5AKG Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2014 18:09 Send this review to a friend
would be the best if it only had fsk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Fldigi could be the ultimate digital modes suite...it supports all the common digital modes except JT65 and JT9, and adds the option for error-corrected HF digital with flarq and jpskmail. It is also extensively configurable. It should have 5 stars, but there is one very severe flaw: Lack of fsk.
True fsk is a must for serious RTTY, especially under weak signal conditions. All modern rigs have this option. AFSK is nothing but a very weak crutch, and responsible for so many distorted, splattering RTTY signals that are a problem for everyone. I regard fldigi as the best overall program for psk and other narrowband digital modes, bot not really useable for RTTY due to the inexplicable lack of fsk.

W5UY Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2014 06:34 Send this review to a friend
I love this program after using MIxW from its inception  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After many years with "alternatives," I found fldigi and never looked back! Installation was straight forward---just follow the screens exactly.
There is two levels of help available---one being a very well done manual as well as an instruction manual for beginners. I have it running on Windows 8.1 PRO and interfaced with Log4OM. A super pair!- With an unbeatable price (for both!)You owe it to yourself to give them a try.

KC9CS Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2014 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Versatile program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried all the modem programs out there. I was looking for one that was a replacement for the dated MixW and I found this program. Installation was easy, although the set up took a bit of time just to find the proper settings. Once I had found the proper software and CAT control settings I was able to use the program. One feature I really enjoy is the number of macros that can be set up. The display is easily configurable to anyone's liking and I was able to set up the screen similar to some of the other programs I have used. This program even has a feature similar to CW Skimmer that allows the program to look at a number of different stations across the the band width simultaneously. This feature allows one to look at a number of different conversations going on simultaneously, as it prints out the text from a number of different signals. This is an open source and free program, just amazing in its versatility, and I think it will replace a number of different programs I have currently on my computer system. Macros are able to be set up so that you can link macros together in order to put together an entire conversation. I highly recommend this program.

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Great NBEMS, Narrow Band Emergency Messaging Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a stand alone program, it's great for ARES & RACES communication needs. Has FEMA standard ICS forms, that can be pre-filled and used for group distribution with delivery confirmation. Great for passing volumes of traffic and having hard copy availability.

As a "recreational" program, it's good but not great.....although it's constantly evolving with added features.

Still it warrants a 5, given its flexibility and ease of use.

KC8Y Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2013 07:42 Send this review to a friend
super software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm into digital modes (PSK, Olivia, MFSK, etc) all the time, now; have been licensed since 1968.

Have version 3.21.77 & love it's operation. Tried other versions of software over several years and nothing operates, to my liking, as FLdigi. It's all that I use and the best part is that its free.
Just try it :)

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2013 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Works well!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded FLDIGI and installed. After going through the usual com port items, etc encountered by a less than computer savvy guy, I went on the make the final connections. The software looks good and operates vey well. Nice product.

G3TAG Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2013 03:28 Send this review to a friend
No problems at all  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have been using this for about 12 months now and will certainly stick with it. It does what it says on the tin, No "go faster stripes" or "form over function" clutter. It is running in Windows 7 with no snags at all, although I think it was written for Linux originally and I feel life is to short to play around with that OS.
I can't comment on the rig control part of the software since all my rigs are operated by the armstrong method.
I have played around with all the others and find them to be ok but rather "over the top" for what is required. After all you only want to send and receive signals and log them, not make the coffee and sweep the lounge.

WA9PWR Rating: 1/5 Feb 28, 2013 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Unstable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first installed fldigi 3.21.68 and turned it on, I did not get the operator setup wizard. Later I put in all the settings I needed and it worked fine. The settings were all saved. Later I had to drain and charge the netbook battery. After it was charged I removed the battery to use AC power only. When I opened fldigi, I got the operator setup wizard with all of my settings erased, which had taken a lot of work to enter correctly. As a possible solution, I recommend renaming the configuration file after the settings are saved, so fldigi does not overwrite it in the future.