Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Fldigi - Digital Mode software Help

Reviews Summary for Fldigi - Digital Mode software
Fldigi - Digital Mode software Reviews: 83 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $free
Description: A digital mode program for PSK31, RTTY, and many other operating modes. Available as free & open source software, coded in C++ for Linux.

You can write your own review of the Fldigi - Digital Mode software.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Works great with Ubuntu  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm not a Microsoft fan so I run Ubuntu (Linux spin-off) on my laptop. I've been using FLDigi for a little over a year now and have had no problems with it. It easily interfaced with my Kenwood TS-480 and I've made countless contacts on digital modes.

I've noticed several reviewers say it's not stable, although I can't speak for the Windows version, the Linux version is solid as a rock. No problems here and I plan to keep using it for a long time.
KE7MU Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed it on my MAC and worked Field Day on PSK. After my radio (IC-7200 USB input) was configured correctly I had zero problems and worked hundreds of stations, all my wife heard was a clicking sound from my mouse ( no curse words of frustration ). All this and it is FREE. I haven't discovered or used all the features, but basic PSK works great.

ZS6DX Rating: 0/5 Jun 29, 2014 09:34 Send this review to a friend
Stiil useless on win7  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The fact that it intermittently refuses to start on win 7 has NOTHING to do with bad cables or technical expertise.

It is a compatibility issue with windows 7 and I now see the same with windows 8. Something that should be sorted out by the programmer.

Free is great! But if it is not reliable it is useless.....
K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 22:35 Send this review to a friend
No problem on W7  Time owned: more than 12 months
No issues whatsoever here with Win 7 Pro.

Agree with earlier posters...bad cables = bad results.
WY4J Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 12:12 Send this review to a friend
It Works and is FREE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Don't know what's the beef with some folks here. This piece of software works great.

I have used it with Windows XP and now with Windows 7 and have never had an issue. I have downloaded and used paid software and saw no difference except the cost. Yes, one might do one thing that you like specially well but if this is worth 100 buck to you then go ahead and spend it. Overall, it might not be the fanciest, prettiest with all the bells and whistles of a commercial product but it does what you want it do do and that's okay in my book.

Before you trash a product it might be a good idea to brush up your technical skills and blame your own shortcomings and not the product. Fldigi does everything is supposed to do. Did I also mention that it's "FREE."
K7ZOV Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Not buggy and heres why  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used fldigi for so long that is hard to remember when I first started. I used XP on many computers and then got forced into WIN7. All of a sudden I had problems. Not only with fldigi but HRD. XP good WIN7 bad also WIN8 bad. I am also running a full Elecraft K-line No problems. I noted that Elecraft dumped Prolific serial to USB devices and went to FTDI chip cables, so I ordered one from AMAZON.COM... Guess what? No more fldigi or HRD problems with WIN7 or WIN8 or WIN8.1. Moral of the story is simple. If you have moved from XP to WIN7, WIN8, WIN8.1 dump Prolific cables and go with FTDI cables and watch your problems go away
KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2014 20:33 Send this review to a friend
No Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have run FLDIGI and the associated programs in the NBEMS suite on a WIN XP desktop and laptop and a WIN 7 desktop and notebook with no problems at all. The ONLY difficulties I have had were with the USB drivers for my USB to RS232 cable with my WIN 7 machine - not an FLDIGI problem.
W5HYN Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2014 18:29 Send this review to a friend
FLDIGI does FSK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I second all the good reviews. Also I would like to add that FLDIGI can do real FSK for RTTY. All you need is a good sound card that can accept tones on the right stereo channel and convert to keyed voltage. Then configure FLDIGI to send FSK on the right channel. The microham Digi Keyer II is an example of a card that will do this.
KE5AKG Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2014 18:09 Send this review to a friend
would be the best if it only had fsk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Fldigi could be the ultimate digital modes supports all the common digital modes except JT65 and JT9, and adds the option for error-corrected HF digital with flarq and jpskmail. It is also extensively configurable. It should have 5 stars, but there is one very severe flaw: Lack of fsk.
True fsk is a must for serious RTTY, especially under weak signal conditions. All modern rigs have this option. AFSK is nothing but a very weak crutch, and responsible for so many distorted, splattering RTTY signals that are a problem for everyone. I regard fldigi as the best overall program for psk and other narrowband digital modes, bot not really useable for RTTY due to the inexplicable lack of fsk.
W5UY Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2014 06:34 Send this review to a friend
I love this program after using MIxW from its inception  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After many years with "alternatives," I found fldigi and never looked back! Installation was straight forward---just follow the screens exactly.
There is two levels of help available---one being a very well done manual as well as an instruction manual for beginners. I have it running on Windows 8.1 PRO and interfaced with Log4OM. A super pair!- With an unbeatable price (for both!)You owe it to yourself to give them a try.