Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | IOTA DLS-55 55 amp continios Duty Switchmode Power Supply Help

Reviews Summary for IOTA DLS-55 55 amp continios Duty Switchmode Power Supply
IOTA  DLS-55  55 amp continios Duty Switchmode Power Supply Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$219.95
Description: Using state-of-the-art, switch-mode technology, IOTA Power Converter/Battery Chargers are engineered with the user and variable environmental conditions in mind. Extra care has been given to insure many years of service-free operation, even when subjected to extremely harsh conditions. Batteries are charged quickly and efficiently without over-charging and pumps, motors, and fans operate perfectly for prolonged life.

Exceptionally clean DC output insures pumps, motors, fans, and lights work perfectly. This means longer life for any connected load; virtually no AC ripple to cause static or premature failure of radio or television equipment.

Quickly and efficiently charges batteries
from the full rated output of the IOTA battery charger. The battery charger then maintains the batteries, only putting into the battery what is required by load or self-discharge, cutting back to milliamps as the battery requires.

Protection against low and transient AC line voltage
as well as spikes coming from the AC power source or from improperly adjusted generators, a major cause of converter/power supply failure
More info: http://www.iotaengineering.com

You can write your own review of the IOTA DLS-55 55 amp continios Duty Switchmode Power Supply.

KD6CCP Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2010 23:36 Send this review to a friend
Best kept secert  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a Kenwood ts-480hx that required 41 amps. After looking around I came across the IOTA DLS-55 amp. I was a little reserved because it's not what I was used to. This was for an RV but the price was right so why not. I must tell you what a deal. Quite you don't even know it's on. Running 200 watts at 41 amps the fan seldom comes on and its only a whisper. Really this is an outstanding value. New they go for around $200.00 I bought this one used for $50.00. Try one and see.

N0JEF Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2010 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Powers my 200 watt TS-480hx no problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
Seems the same people that are attracted to the ts-480hx love the IOTA. BOTH are excellent pieces of equipment with a common theme: GREAT VALUE.

The IOTA sits on a shelf BEHIND my operating desk NEVER to be seen, or heard. Gives my 480hx all it wants without even breathing hard. I also have a TM-271a hooked to it. No trash or birdies ever on either radios, and you can pick it up with one hand.

Third best ham related purchase I ever made.

#1 was the TS-480-HX
#2 was my Dentron Super Tuner
#3 The Iota DLS-55 power supply

KE5DFK Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2010 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Works PERFECT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running this switching PWS for about 2yrs with a TS-480HX. I normally run 100w on this radio. Once I plugged it in I pretty much forgot about it. I have NEVER had noise issues this PWS. When I have to kick up to 200w it has never failed to deliver. My elmer had my radio with the PWS and he said the same thing. "Oh yeah, I do have a PWS connected to it, never knew it was there".

Rock solid, would buy another in a heart beat.

KB8EIN Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2010 23:47 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply for ham radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
RV full time. Replace the brick in my camper with the IOTA DLS-55 over three years ago. Just recently got back in ham radio and decided to go with a TS-480HX for the power. I reviewed every power supply normally used before I thought about the DLS-55 already installed and in use. Hooked everything up and absolutly no problems at all. The varable speed fan is not noticeable and the voltage on my monitor is maintained at 13.6 volts except during equalization charge of the two 90ah marine/rv batteries floating on the system and only then if there has been no drain on them. Without the batteries you wont have the 1 volt increase. There is no dimming of the DC lights or slowing of fan motors while running the full 200 watts on the TS-480. Like it said in the previous review....Have I got one?....You bet I do. For a little over $200 it can't be beat

W3FLH Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2007 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic P/S  Time owned: more than 12 months
Oh yeah, I have one of these, don't I??

It's easy to forget when you've got one of these. They're designed for the RV market, very good regulation, absolutely NO external noise, and I don't notice any birdies, either.

These switchers are great, as they only supply the needed current, and "idle" along at a few hundred milliamps when nothing is pulling power from them. Mine is mounted on the back of the kick panel on my station desk, with the FT-990 powered direct, and an MFJ power strip ('1116, I think) for the rest of the shack accessories. Out of sight, out of mind. I also made sure to ground the P/S well, as is the entire station.

My two cents, but I think these are some well-made pieces of equipment.

Tony, W3FLH

W5IB Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2007 17:51 Send this review to a friend
A Great power supply  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own three of the 55 amp power supplies, and I would recommend it to everyone. After owning numerious linear big hunking supplies, I tried this switcher and am very happy. I use them to power my FT-7000, FT-897 and my TE Systems 1452G and have had no problems. The continious duty rating is great and the voltage regulation is superb. I use one with a battery and it works well with it, even when the battery is deep discharged, which is a problem for linears supplies not designed to work with depleted batteries. Buy one for yourself, you won't be disappointed.