Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface
Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface Reviews: 62 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $369
Description: The Navigator is a high quality interface between the rig and the computer, for use in running the digital modes such as PSK31, Olivia, MFSK, Hellschreiber, MT-63, etc. It also works fine for SSTV using many popular software programs such as MMSSTV.

The Navigator interfaces to the rig using a USB port, thus it does not require a serial port on the computer. It provides CAT control to the rig via a serial connection from the Navigator to the rig. The Navigator is completely configured and defined in software, and future updates are expected to be flash-ROM updates that can be installed by the user.
More info: http://www.Navigator-Interface.com

You can write your own review of the Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface.

HZ1SK Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 03:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned so far every model of digital modems and tested them over many years. The US Navigator interface is built to last , installation is easy..documentation is Excellent. I got the one with silver face, I only wish if there was an ON/OFF switch but anyway this is not a big deal.
I made the cables by myself so you can save some money on this as all information is available online for the majority of transceivers.
The sound card has very low noise which enables you to pick low signal and pull them out of the noise.Bottom line, I highly recommend this modem.
Best 73,
Samir
OD5SK , HZ1SK

W7BV Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm very pleased with my 2 month old Timewave Navigator in use with HRD 6/ DM 780 software and my Elecraft K3. It has provided excellent performance and replaced a MicroHam Microkeyer II and software router. My only complaint is the lack of an "on/off" switch to remove power from the unit when it's not in use and the computer is still and in use for other purposes. While I've solved the problem by using an external USB hub whose ports can be switched on or off as needed, adding an on-off switch to one of the pots on the navigator would be nice.

AD2TM Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2013 07:35 Send this review to a friend
Great interface - back in production by Timewave  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not going to say anything that has not been said before, This is a great puce of equipment! I have had mine for three or four years, and never a problem, other than a couple of opreator induced software issues.

The owner of the company decided that he had had enough and transferred the rights to Timewave (http://timewave.com/support/Navigator/index.html).

Yes it is a little on the pricey side, but if you want the best money can buy, get one. My recommendations convinced two local hams to get one.

Also there is a very active group on Yahoo if you have any questions or problems. The group helped to solve the problems mentioned above.

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
It's staying in the shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
I won't add much here other to say it is a wonderful addition to the shack and has reduced a lot wires in the shack. I also love that it does fsk for those rigs that have that function for RTTY. Luckily, it is built very well, and will last a long, long time.

W1TLD Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2013 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Interface!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have no idea why they would stop making these. I have had mine about 3 years now and I absolutly love it. Before that I had a Signalink, which functioned ok....But, the Navigator beats it hands down. You get a much cleaner signal from the Navigator and a lot more features. It's extremely well built and I believe it will last forever. They are worth every penny of the cost. If you can find one, buy it!

KX4O Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2013 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface - Now out of production  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm glad I bought one of these several years back as it nicely solves cabling complexity between computer and rig.

Note: Reports are this product is out of production. If you have one, you're lucky.

W4JLE Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2013 20:58 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I make weekly broadcasts on MARS using 110A. For those not familiar it can transmit data from 75 to 4800 baud. (We are not bound by the FCC limitations). I have used about every interface available along with home brewed units. The Navigator has them all beat hands down. Aside from the CIV interface, the audio is flat from 300 to 3000 cycles and I expect a bit beyond.
It performed flawlessly during a month of testing.
All other digital modes are a breeze after 110A.
While the initial cost is higher than others, you are done buying interfaces as none better exists.
new to digital or an old hand, you will love this interface!

N8MSA Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2012 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Works out of the box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a Navigator after years of using homebrew and entry-lever interfaces. This had the feature set (including a serial port) that I needed, set up in minutes (on a new Win7 64 laptop) and...just works. It literally has been working constantly, without rest, since I added it to my station.

It does what it says on the label.

K1ZW Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2012 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clint came thru again. I need a mod for use with my IC-7000 for the data port. I shipped it out on Monday and it was back in my hands the next Monday. Coast to coast 5 days!! Thanks Clint
73 Larry K1ZW

K1JOS Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best with the Best Customer Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Navigator for several years and it has worked flawlessly with all software. When an issue arises it is always in the computer such as corruped files, etc. This week my Win7 computer decided to stop talking to Navigator despite all settings being set properly. I sent Clint an email and soon he said lets get on the phone. He has enormous patience and expertise and today my Navigator works perfectly (needed uninstall of FSK COM port and reinstall of Winwarbler). Clint you are the best and NO ONE ELSE provides the outatanding timely customer support that you have given us for so many years.