Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface Help

Reviews Summary for Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface
Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface Reviews: 64 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $369
Description: The Navigator is a high quality interface between the rig and the computer, for use in running the digital modes such as PSK31, Olivia, MFSK, Hellschreiber, MT-63, etc. It also works fine for SSTV using many popular software programs such as MMSSTV.

The Navigator interfaces to the rig using a USB port, thus it does not require a serial port on the computer. It provides CAT control to the rig via a serial connection from the Navigator to the rig. The Navigator is completely configured and defined in software, and future updates are expected to be flash-ROM updates that can be installed by the user.
More info: http://www.Navigator-Interface.com

You can write your own review of the Navigator by Timewave - previously by US Interface.

K1ZW Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2012 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Clint came thru again. I need a mod for use with my IC-7000 for the data port. I shipped it out on Monday and it was back in my hands the next Monday. Coast to coast 5 days!! Thanks Clint
73 Larry K1ZW

K1JOS Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best with the Best Customer Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Navigator for several years and it has worked flawlessly with all software. When an issue arises it is always in the computer such as corruped files, etc. This week my Win7 computer decided to stop talking to Navigator despite all settings being set properly. I sent Clint an email and soon he said lets get on the phone. He has enormous patience and expertise and today my Navigator works perfectly (needed uninstall of FSK COM port and reinstall of Winwarbler). Clint you are the best and NO ONE ELSE provides the outatanding timely customer support that you have given us for so many years.

W0BBI Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2012 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Superior Product - Excellent Service.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
An exceptional high quality product combined with exceptional customer support both before and after the sale. That is what you have in the Navigator. I have had my Navigator for not quit a year and it works flawlessly. Clint has provided excellent support for any issues that arise. I recently changed rigs and needed a new cable for my K3. It was in the mail on that day.
I did my homework and contacted some of the other manufactures asking questions about their units before I ordered it. Only Clint responded to all my questions like I was already an owner of the unit. I have used the unit with my Icom 756 Pro III and now the K3 with HRD/DM780 and MMTTY for FSK. No issues with either radio or any programs that I have tried.
Your get what you pay for and this product is worth every penny and more considering Clint’s post sale customer focus. I highly recommend this Made in the USA product.

NX5MK Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2012 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Navigator with OSX - outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Outstanding product quality. Outstanding service. What more could you want for?
The problem I had to solve was to connect my MacBook Pro running OSX, to my Barrett 2090 HF manpack transceiver. Both US Interface and the Barrett USA office worked diligently and expeditiously to make the connection, necessitating the construction of a new interface cable. Before I had heard / read about the Navigator, I contacted some "well known" manufacturers of Amateur Radio interfaces, they did not even care to reply that they would not take on the job.
After sales support by both companies was also outstanding, my initial hook up problems (operator errors) were taken seriously and solutions to them were found in no time. You will not regret your purchase of the Navigator, or of the 2090.

WA3UOO Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2011 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Best Digital interface available  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased mine December 2009. Received excellent customer service and support from Clint. Now I find myself needing a new interface cable for the upgrade I just purchased- an FT-950. Clint had the cable in stock and shipped it the same day; Saturday no less. Installation of the supporting software and files and documentation takes some time, but if you take the time to read the instructions and take it step by step, it's not very difficult. I am using mine with HRD 5.0 beta and the Navigator works like it was made for HRD. Between the two, this has got to be among the best setups for computer assisted control of rigs and digital modes. This is very well built and engineered product which becomes evident when you open the box and examine it. Control knobs, for example, are setscrew types. Not low cost push-ons like I see on many products these days. Connectors on the rear panel are quality parts. The inside of this gem is amazing. I can fully recommend this product. That said it is not a low cost, cheap product. You get what you pay for and this digital interface delivers. Dig a little deep and you will be very happy.

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2011 10:16 Send this review to a friend
The ideal interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I remember the developer of of US interface living not far from me in Maryland. Seemed like a lot of money at the time but was well worth it. Now I see the makers of Rigblaster is coming out with their "Advantage" unit which seems to be just like the US Interface. I need neither unit now since we use the ultimate radio for digital modes, the Flex Radio 5000A which uses virtual audio cables making for cleaner audio.

K3DCW Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2011 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch Product!!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used a variety of interfaces; from the SignaLink USB to the microHam USB Interface III & microKeyer II to the Navigator; both with a Yaesu FT-950 and an Elecraft K3, and on Windows and OS X. By far, the Navigator rules the roost.

The Navigator is built like a tank! The fit and finish on the unit is outstanding and the quality of the connectors, pots, LEDs and knobs are all top-tier. When you make an adjustment on a control, you get solid feedback and you can know that it will stay set until you make a change again. The cables ordered from US Interface for rig control are well made; however, if you want to make your own cable to save a few $$$, Clint provides schematics supporting most receivers.

I've used this interface with just about every program imaginable, and they all work wonderfully with no hiccups. From Fldigi, RUMlog, RUMped, SkookumLogger, Aether, MacLoggerDX, and more on OS X, to Ham Radio Deluxe, KComm, Digipan, JT65-HF, WSJT9, WSPR, MRP, Fldigi, N1MM, and more on Windows 7, the Navigator handles EVERYTHING you can throw at it with ease.

A VERY strong positive for me is Navigator's 100% support for Apple's OS X. All Mac ham radio programs can use this interface for full control of your rig. The CAT control, WinKey, and FSK keying all work 100% on OS X. Unlike other multifunction interfaces that require a third-party program for partial functionality on a Mac, all of the Navigator's functions are fully supported in OS X. Kudos to Clint for supporting the Mac ham radio community.

The Navigator is also supported by an email support group on Yahoo Groups. This group is noteworthy because of the relatively light message load. This isn't because of a lack of members, but rather it is due to a lack of problems with the Navigator. When a problem does creep up; however, Clint is quick to provide feedback and solutions to help out those in need.

In closing, if you are looking for a hi-quality multifunction interface with superior performance and ease of use, look no further than the Navigator. It may be pricier than most interfaces (although less than some) but it is worth every penny you spend and will last you for years and years.

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Shack consolidation  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my Navigator second hand about a year ago. It sure has simplified my cabling. One cable from Navigator to one usb computer port. No more multiple serial ports. I have rig control, digital interface, cw keyer, and a serial port for my rotor controller. Now its a matter of unplugging the usb cable from the computer and plugging it into a new computer when the time comes. By the way it does fsk keying for RTTY. The built in sound card and the pots for two line inputs is wonderful for dual receve. Tech support from Clint is excellent. In the rare event that this ones goes south, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one, new or used.

K6DHP Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2011 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Service, Superb Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have been using a Rigblaster Pro for about seven years. It is a good product, but the Navigator is clearly the next step - an all in one solution with fewer cables and a more elegant design. As others have said, if you want the best, you can go first class for just a few dollars more and get it with the Navigator. I just bought a new model with the new black finish and the latest WinKey chip. The Navigator comes with good installation instructions. Clint is very helpful and has promptly answered all my questions. I highly recommend this solution for using the digital modes!

73 de K6DHP

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2011 07:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent in every way  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Navigator used based on Eham reviews, and the reviews are spot on! If you take time to carefully read the instructions and don't get into a hurry so when / if things don't quite go right you can say "What did I do wrong?" and back up a step, you'll have a perfect station control / interface.
The adjustable audio inputs and USB-based controls work flawlessly, at least with WinXP. I've run into some software applications that don't play well with each other, but it's never the fault of the Navigator. EVERY problem pointing to the Navigator I've had has been due to my own mistakes.
Clint will sell you a rig-specific interface cable at reasonable price and delivered quickly. Custom interface cables aren't a problem, and it really isn't like you couldn't make your own if you wanted to... I just don't like working with mini-DIN plugs so I buy my cables from Clint.
I work CW, and because the Navigator has the Winkey built in, I don't need anything else but my paddle.
I'm in the market for one or two more of these great boxes.