Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | K4DPK PEP Adapter Help

Reviews Summary for K4DPK PEP Adapter
K4DPK PEP Adapter Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: Make your Drake, Bird, Collins, Daiwa, most other wattmeters read PEAK ENVELOPE POWER. Quick, easy hookup.
More info: http://home.comcast.net/~k4dpk/pep_adapter.htm

You can write your own review of the K4DPK PEP Adapter.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 19:32 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The PEP board is installed in a WELZ SP-600 wattmeter & it works GREAT on all three ports.Now I am able to watch the PEP on my ICOM PW-1 on 6 meters on the WELZ as well as HF on the AUTEK WM-1 & that is a BIG Plus for me.I am VERY happy with the PEP board! {:>)

WS4BS Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2013 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Stablizer for TS-830S  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently installed the Stablizer in a TS-830S. The owner is very satisfied with the results. This unit was simple to install. 12 volts is hard to find in an 830. 11.2 volts works perfectly. Great product. The blinking LED is very cool. In low light, you can see it reflecting on the vent holes on top of the 830. The price is right. It sure beats spending 300+ on a VFO-230.

N8OB Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2013 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Great add-on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the assembled unit to install in Drake W4 wattmeter. It does a fantastic job and is very accurate. Wish I had gotten it earlier.

K9HKS Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2013 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Grreat Product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the k4pdk PEP adapter. Took about an hour to drill holes for the switch and power plug. This was installed in a Drake MN-2000 Antenna tuner. What a nice feature. Now I can read avg power and PEP output. Don't need my pep and swr meter. The MN-2000 does it all now!! Phil really has a great product and only $30.00. Great service and communication with Phil .

K4MMG Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have now purchased (7) PEP adapters from Phil.

These units are easy to install and use, and they provide a good indication of peak power on all meters that I have them installed .

Highly recommended, and very good support.

AG6IQ Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2013 20:32 Send this review to a friend
These are great boards  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow,
These are great PeP boards, I installed one in my Drake Watt Meter and the meter came alive. This is just what I've been looking for, and the price was right on time.
I just called Phil (K4DPK) and ordered two more of these fine PeP boards that I plan on installing in my Bird meters, at $30 a board how can you go wrong.
Thanks Phil

K0KL Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2013 21:03 Send this review to a friend
Good Idea  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I added one of these devices to my Drake W4 watt meter about 5 months ago. Very worthwhile, easy install, very much a great addition to the shack. Hearty thank you!

MW0CVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2013 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Great add-on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi

Placed order via Pay-Pal and received the package here in U.K,within 10 Days.

Installed the PCB in my MFJ949E works great.

Removed one of the PCB mounting screws from MFJ and installed a vertical pillar and some Vero-board to mount the PCB on.

Hard wire the pcb as I always use SSB.

Could add a small relay to switch the signal lines via on-off front panel switch without having to remove MFJ board or cut tracks etc.

Great Help and support from Phil K4DPK

ZS1JHG Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2012 09:23 Send this review to a friend
PEP up your Wattmeter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great service and feedback from Phil K4DPK. Very clear instructions with info on your specific wattmeter including a point to point wiring diagram.Accurate on HF and VHF as fitted to a Bird 43 wattmeter.Highly recommended

N9KX Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2012 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Nice Add in for your old Wattmeter!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a nice old Diawa CN-720B wattmeter that I got a great deal on at a hamfest last summer. Unfortunately it doesn't read PEP. Phil K4DPK has the answer with his "PEP Adapter" add on that's about the size of a postage stamp. It took me about an hour to mount the board, DPDT switch, make the connections and calibrate. He supplies a set of instructions for the wattmeter you specify. Nice Job on this kit Phil!