Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | K4DPK PEP Adapter Help

Reviews Summary for K4DPK PEP Adapter
K4DPK PEP Adapter Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: Make your Drake, Bird, Collins, Daiwa, most other wattmeters read PEAK ENVELOPE POWER. Quick, easy hookup.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the K4DPK PEP Adapter.

MW0CVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2013 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Great add-on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi

Placed order via Pay-Pal and received the package here in U.K,within 10 Days.

Installed the PCB in my MFJ949E works great.

Removed one of the PCB mounting screws from MFJ and installed a vertical pillar and some Vero-board to mount the PCB on.

Hard wire the pcb as I always use SSB.

Could add a small relay to switch the signal lines via on-off front panel switch without having to remove MFJ board or cut tracks etc.

Great Help and support from Phil K4DPK

ZS1JHG Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2012 09:23 Send this review to a friend
PEP up your Wattmeter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great service and feedback from Phil K4DPK. Very clear instructions with info on your specific wattmeter including a point to point wiring diagram.Accurate on HF and VHF as fitted to a Bird 43 wattmeter.Highly recommended

FORMER_N9KX_SM Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2012 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Nice Add in for your old Wattmeter!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a nice old Diawa CN-720B wattmeter that I got a great deal on at a hamfest last summer. Unfortunately it doesn't read PEP. Phil K4DPK has the answer with his "PEP Adapter" add on that's about the size of a postage stamp. It took me about an hour to mount the board, DPDT switch, make the connections and calibrate. He supplies a set of instructions for the wattmeter you specify. Nice Job on this kit Phil!

VE2OL Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2010 00:42 Send this review to a friend
neat design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A nice little pc board with very good installation instructions from Phil.I received it around noon and had it mounted and in use a few hours later,in my Bird43.Very happy with this addition and I would recommend it to anyone that wants peak reading from a Bird, for this price, it's a bargain!

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2009 17:19 Send this review to a friend
2nd unit, still great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a second unit to go in an old Heath HM-102 and it was a snap. This is such a useful device, but Phil needs to advertise. Now, if I can just get him to engineer one for monitoring grid current in my AL-811.

KC2CT Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2009 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Great update for older meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love accessories like this!

Installed the adapter in a Heathkit HM-102A this past weekend. Worked perfectly from the start. Wattmeter is now switchable AVG/PEP. Prompt and courteous email exchange.

Recommended update for older meters.

Jan - VK2ILO / KC2CT

K4MO Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2007 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent device!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed one of these in a Drake WH7. It was very easy to install and calibration was a snap. It didn't involve changing anything in the wattmeter other than cutting one of the wires going to the meter. I put a toggle switch inside the back of the wattmeter cabinet to switch between PEP and stock. The adjustable hang time is a nice feature too. This made my great old Drake meter even nicer.