Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Eneloop AA NIMH Hybrid battery Help

Reviews Summary for Eneloop AA NIMH Hybrid battery
Eneloop AA NIMH Hybrid battery Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $12.95
Description: environmentally friendly, high shelf life, rechargeables
More info: http://www.eneloopusa.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the Eneloop AA NIMH Hybrid battery.

N0UA Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Eneloop AA low discharge NIMH batteries for several years. I have a group of 16. They are great - hold their charge for over a year and work after many cycles. Highly recommended. BTW: I suggest the Maha Powerex - MH-C9000 charger. It is relatively expensive but provides a very helpful break-in function and many other options.

VK5SA Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2013 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have now switched over to these exclusively for all AA and AAA applications.
They hold their charge forever (or so it seems), and outperform any of the (stated) higher capacity cells that they have now replaced.
I use a computerised charger to charge model helicopter LiPO and LIFE batteries, and it works a treat with the Eneloops.
I use cheap plastic shells to let me use them in the place of C and D cells, and they last for ages in my D cell MagLite torches, as well.
Mine have all come from Amazon in the States, as they often have them out cheap - I now have 32 of them!

KC8ADU Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 12:38 Send this review to a friend
best aa and aaa nimh bar none!  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have tried them all and with the exception of these same cells rebadged for duracell there are no better aa and aaa nimh cells period!
i now use them in everything including ht pack rebuilds.
they are also well above their stated minimum capacity and very consistant cell to cell.
this also minimises damage at end of run.the whole pack is at nearly the same state of charge so one cell is not as likely to get reversed.

KF7VXA Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2012 21:55 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not much I can say that the other reviews have not.
I have bought over 20 of these batteries and all have been good and performed perfectly.

The Energizer batteries go bad in a year or less, I have been using these batteries for over 2 years with all being just as good as new.

Forget all other types of rechargables, these are the only ones to buy.

The plastic battery seperators sold on e bay are the best way to store these if you have a bunch.

N4SRQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2012 12:45 Send this review to a friend
Best of all I have tried  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Eneloops give you almost the full capacity even after sitting on the shelf for many months. They run as long as the rest. No problems using the Sanyo charger. The kits also have "D and C" style forms where you put in a few "AA" and the shape factor lets you use it in a "D" or "C" application. All my "AAA-AA-C-D" needs are met. Very happy with the purchase.

VE3LNY Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2011 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Great battery  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was at my wits end. My Canon camera would indicate "battery low" after 5 shots with new, fully charged 2800 mAh batteries. Then I tried the Eneloop. Although they are only 2000 mAh, they keep my camera going for hours. Even after months on the shelf the camera still works fine. This is a great battery for demanding applications and delivers everything promised.

N2ZDB Rating: 0/5 Nov 15, 2010 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Will not hold a charge!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought these batteries from www.batteriesamerica.com and of the 4 I have...2 will not hold a charge for more then a week or two!

To make matters worse the supplier Batteries of America does not even have the decency to answer my emails!

It's a good thing Duracell makes their "Pre-charged AA NiMH cells which are far the best cells I have ever used! They last for at least 1 year if not used!

AC7CW Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 14:27 Send this review to a friend
On year on, still great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've more than a year's experience with these great rechargeable NiMH batteries... still the best thing since sliced bread. I'm not noticing any decline in any way. They get great reviews at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000IV2WAW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I still have not used them in a handheld but they are NiHM, should be fine for higher current requirements.. I have various things here, an FM transmitter to send streamed radio shows to my bedside radio is one, I had built in a power supply to the thing because it would take down a pair of AA's in one night, the supply put hum on the signal so it's a lot better now to convert it back to AA's. It gets intermittent use so I have the best of worlds, long shelf life, when I need to use the thing the batteries will be fine, and two batteries should give me 1000 recharges so battery cost is about $2 a year..

After using the Eneloops any other rechargeable or non rechargeable just seems like a bad choice to me for several reasons including cost, shelf life and environment. How many times have you grabbed a radio and found the batteries had self discharged? Or found that the radio was not seated in the charger properly and was dead? Or not put in the charger or whatever, that situation is banished with these long shelf life [15% loss per year at 20 degrees C] and fairly powerful batteries [2 amp hours].

We need some rig manufacturers to design these into their radio chargers. Whichever one does that will score a small coup and have the first handheld with rechargeable batteries and long shelf life...

AC7CW Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2007 15:22 Send this review to a friend
The best way to go by far  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use the AA Eneloops in a shortwave portable receiver, flashlights, camera etc. So far I have not tried them in a handheld but they are said to work well in high current applications. They run my receiver for a week or two with it in use about an hour a day, speaker and all....

The way a battery discharges has a big effect in high current usage, if the output resistance increases [think lithium] the battery will hava a good open circuit voltage but fail under heavier load, if the open circuit voltage drops but the output resistance stays small that is the type of battery hams want and apparently the Eneloops are of the latter variety according to another review regarding use in a camera.

These 2 amp hour AA's have adequate capacity and you can charge them and put them on the shelf and a year later they are at 85% capacity. Alkalines are hazardous waste where I live, Eneloops are rechargeable 1000 times allowing you to alleviate that strain on the environment.

I noticed one thing yesterday, the 4 place charger was causing RFI to my shortwave receiver, it was plugged into the wall about 3 feet from where I had the radio and it was putting an AM station down in the mud, I had to put a little more distance between it and the radio to alleviate the problem.. maybe I'll dig into the thing and find if I can filter that noise and report back here.........

KF7NN Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2007 09:48 Send this review to a friend
great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
hate to say it but these outlive my Maha 2500 mah
by 3 times. i can leave them in the radio for up to a year and they still work like new. I am using various AA size alkaline holders to use these with. what i am mad about is now i gotta throw away my maha batteries cause they just
go dead after a month sitting around.

someone else try them cause i want to hear your experience with them.

circuit city has them.