Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Vari-Speed Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Vari-Speed
Vibroplex Vari-Speed Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.95
Description: An accessory for the Vibroplex bug. "Attaches to the pendulum arm and uses your key weight. It arcs front-to-back to infinitely vary the Bug's speed to as low as 10-12 wpm or slower."
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/accessories.html

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Vari-Speed.

K5HEM Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this along with my Original Deluxe bug. It was shipped separately by HRO (you guys are great by the way) and that allowed me to use the bug without it and when installed, what a difference it makes. A high quality and well engineered attachment - highly recommended.

W1LVT Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2009 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was apprehensive about this thing - esp because of the cost. Well! What a surprise! I installed it on my Vibroplex Original and it hasn't been off since. I adjusted it exactly to the speed I'm most comfortable with and it actually helped improve my sending. Easy to adjust down to very slow speeds when needed. I Love it!

W1LVT Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2009 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was apprehensive about this thing - esp becasue of the cost. Well! What a surprise! I installed it on my Vibroplex Original and it hasn't been off since. I adjusted it exactly to the speed I'm most comfoprtable with and it actually helped improved my sending. Easy to adjust down to very slow speeds when needed. I Love it!

WB9DLC Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Very cool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked one of these up in Dayton - 2008. I was a little disappointed at first at what little you get for $30.

But - this has turned out to be one of the best deals from Dayton.

The finish matches my Original Deluxe perfectly. Because of the little extra amount of weight that it adds plus the simplicity of speed changes, I now have a bigger range of adjustment (I can go much slower) and I can change speeds very quickly and easily.

Very nice - money well spent.

KD5MJJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2007 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Nice !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I bought this new to go with a new Vibroplex Anniversary Bug purchased at the same time.

It works well and looks good. My fear was that it would look like a goofy after market add-on. Not to worry... It looks like it belongs on the bug.

It slows the dits down nicely.

hank k5icw, ex kd5mjj

N0NV Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2007 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Useful Accessory !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I previously avoided owning a bug, partly because of its speed variation being so limited. This is no longer a problem thanks to the Vari-Speed. With my arrangement of a medium weight at the end of the pendulum and the Vari-Speed (with a large weight attached) directly behind it, I can vary the speed between approximately 15 and 28 wpm. This can be done well within 5 seconds. One could also reduce the overall weight for a very versatile QRQ arrangement.

Thanks Vibroplex!