Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | ElectroInstruments Key-8 Help

Reviews Summary for ElectroInstruments Key-8
ElectroInstruments Key-8 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $139.95
Description: Dual Paddle with Built-in Keyer
More info: http://www.MorseX.com/key8.htm

You can write your own review of the ElectroInstruments Key-8.

KC0WMN Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2011 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice paddle, great addition to the shack. Got mine from e-bay under $60.00 to get it to my door. It had 1 original fingerpiece and 1 Vibroplex seller threw in other Vibroplex and it luks gud. At first i found it a bit stiff but after reading E-Ham review found there was a break in period, that and few adjust. I find the key to operate as smooth as my bencher by-1. It isnt iambic but with a 3 wire and 3 alligator clips it works great with my memory keyer. I to built a pwr patch box wid headset plug in. It is a nice look on the bench es hammys like to stop es luk.
Ray, KC0WMN

NE4TT Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2004 07:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Key !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Picked up the ElectroInstrument Key-8 at a hamfest recently, and I'm very impressed with the key.

It is a robust designed key, that has individual spring tension adjustments for both the dot and dash keys.
Beautifully chromed brass body, with large paddles.
The large paddles make the keying easy for this "Ham-Fisted" Ham.
There's no skating around the desk with the key's substantial weight.

The beauty of the key garners interest from the visitors to my radio room.

It does have an internal keyer, but the keyer is NOT iambic.
The keyer WILL repeat dots and dashes,
and I find it satisfactory, considering its limitations.
You can also bypass the internal keyer and use your favorite outboard keyer.

The concise instructions available on the Morse Express website, makes set up a breeze.

Jamie NE4TT

KC8MIG Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2000 22:18 Send this review to a friend
A nice package if you need paddle and keyer.  Time owned: unknown months
Just received my Key-8 in the UPS from Morse Express. Instructions were clear, and the workmanship on the paddle/keyer appears quite good. Am still working the paddle through the advertised "break-in" period. I have noticed that it is changing, and getting better, as I use it. I like the keyer. It is not iambic, but I never got the hang of "squeezing" anyway. nice heavy paddle (3.5 pounds). I had to make up a patch box to translate the 5 pin DIN conection from the keyer to my rig and power supply. Overall, a nice addition to the shack.