Reviews Categories | Transverters | Swan TV-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Swan TV-2
Swan TV-2 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $495.00 new in 1960's
Description: 100 watt output 2 meter transverter. Uses 6, 10, 15 or 20 meters for input, depending on the crystals installed. Covers the whole 2 meter band. CW or SSB

You can write your own review of the Swan TV-2.

W3AFC Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2016 21:51 Send this review to a friend
A 2-meter Beast  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought one of these on eBay to go with my Swan 250, which didn't work at the time. So in the interim, I acquired a solid-state 2M all-mode rig and a 100-watt power amp. About 3 months ago I repaired the 250, did the little mods with the capacitors etc, and fired up my TV-2.

Wow, what a surprise. It's amazing how powerful and effective these old tube rigs can be. I get about 125 watts out with this, and great signal reports. In the CQ WW VHF contest, I worked several stations, first with the solid-state setup, and then with this. In general, the TV-2 was more effective, plus it's huge fun to work with. Yes, it drifts at first, and I have to check my frequency with an external counter, but I doubt that I'll part with it anytime soon. I got it for a song on eBay, also.

AB5GU Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2007 22:24 Send this review to a friend
No whimpy mw signals  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several of the TV-2 transverters. No need for a brick amplifier with one of these babys with their 100 watt output. Hooks up to most of the Swan HF rigs with little modification, a couple of bypass caps and it's ready to go.