Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Ameritron AL-572 (not B) Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron AL-572 (not B)
Ameritron AL-572 (not B) Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $1399.35
Description: 1300 watt pep out on 160-10M
More info: http://www.ameritron.com/products.php?prodid=AL-572

You can write your own review of the Ameritron AL-572 (not B).

AE4GW Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2010 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Great so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased the al572 a couple of days ago and so far I have been very pleased. I didn't have any problems getting 1kw out with the 120 volt hook up, i will be changing to 220 volt in the next day or so. I have worked several DX stations with ease using a inverted V and running about 500watts.

KA3DNR Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2009 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello Folks,

This is a darn good amplifier. I get 1200+ W key-down on house wiring.

If you are getting low output, get the HV up to 3000V, via changing the transformer taps (very very easy to do).

There is a mod that I will be doing: http://www.k6jrf.com/FT2k_AL572.html

I appreciate Rick @ Ameritron speaking with me for as long as it took to fix I problem that I caused.

Regards,

Marc

VY1EI Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2009 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this amp for a year and half now. It got me through last year's contest season with no problems. It puts out an honest KW. One of the tubes was bad, and a dial was missing a screw. Very happy with it, you can't do better without going up to 220 volts.

AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2009 06:31 Send this review to a friend
Good Amp!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First let me say I've heard and read all the bad reports about this series of amp and have not experienced any of them. I bought this amp used on e-bay for $350.00 over 7 years ago and it still is going strong. That said, I did replace all the tubes with a matched set of Taylor 572B's and get the advertised 1300 watts out with 100 watts drive. This has been a good solid consistant performer for me and it gets daily use for DXing. For the money and the power out it's a good choice!

W1ZE Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2008 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used the 572 for about six months. When I first fired it up one of the el-cheap-o
572s had a short in it. MFJ sent a replacement quickly. Since then the amp has worked very well.
PROS: Works as advertised
Good bang for the bucks
CONS: Cheap Chinease 572s.

W0SWR Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2007 01:02 Send this review to a friend
A bargain at a buck a watt  Time owned: months
I have had my 572 for around 15 months. I had a bad bias board in mine and Ameritron paid shipping to and from factory for a new one, which was returned in 1 week. I bought mine because I have only 115 volts here and since the high voltage transformer is around 2600 volts the 115 volts runs it fine with output around 1000 watts. It is well built and smooth to operate. I get good results with it. I do not use the ALC line to radio because I had problems setting it up with all of my yaesu radios. I do use the Ameritron 704 box with it and have had no problems using this amp with all of my radios. These amps can deliver very near legal or higher power, however I would suggest running 800-1000 watts for long life on the tubes. Also I find the fan is quiet enough to not notice. I figure at a dollar a watt this is a bargain in todays market.

N2CLB Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2007 10:04 Send this review to a friend
nice amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i got this amp used from hro have used it on 160-20M works fine on AM/SSB i am not a CW guy so have not tryed it there geting about 1Kw out with NP runing it on 240V