Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Golist Help

Reviews Summary for Golist
Golist Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49
Description: Qsl Manager Search software

You can write your own review of the Golist.

N8VZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2016 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Out of Business  Time owned: more than 12 months
A number of years ago I subscribed to this service. It was quite good. I was thinking of re-subscribing, but from all I can gather it has been suspended by John, K1XN, for personal health reasons. I saw one report about his losing site in one eye and having treatments on the other. I wish him well in his recovery. If he ever starts up the service again, I will resubscribe.
K4NVJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2009 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Very reliable.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the GOLIST for a long time. John is always on-top of DX happenings. You can always count on his information to be prompt and accurate!
I highly recommend GOLIST!
W4HPW Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2009 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using the GoList with DX4WIN for several years and will continue to do so. John, K1XN, does a great job with it. I've always received excellent service from him.
W2OU Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2009 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a user of Log/Win-eqf for a considerable number of years (10+) and primarily used it for contesting and Field Day. Last year I tried GOLIST and finally had a complete suite of products to meet all my logging and QSL'ng needs. My computer crashed and within an hour after replacing the unit John K1XN had me up and running with complete program downloads and updates. Fortunately I backed up all my LOG files on a regular basis. The service and prompt response was excellent.
N4OWG Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2008 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Good Reliable Data  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a user of the Radio Amateur Callbook CD, as far back as I can remember. A good product easily incorporated into most general and contest logging software, and if the full database is loaded onto the hard drive, logs are updated almost instantly. Provides noy only basic logging information (name, QTH, DXCC Prefix, Zone, etc.), , but QSL manager info if known. The only improvement I would like to see added is the ability to update the database online between semi-annual release on CD.
N1API Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2008 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Great assistance provided!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A few months ago I found that the Radio Amateur Callbook web page was down. I had been checking back from time to time thinking that it may be a vacation or possibly they were coming out with a new web page. By asking around I found that the company had been sold to a German company. I have been a life subscriber to The Callbook for many years and had not gotten the latest CD.,

I received an email from John K1XN offering help in getting me in touch with the new owners. John was paramount in not only getting me in touch with the new owners but in getting me a copy from his stock.

I would recommend The Golist and their services to everyone. The help provided by John, K1XN is in the true spirit of Amateur Radio.
N8SHZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2008 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Golist for a number of years. I realize that it does not have all the information one might need, but it has offered me information on almost all the tough ones, where some of the others have produced incorrect information. Used this wonderful tool to make Honor Roll mixed and phone and 311 CW.
KL8DX Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2008 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Long time customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been with the GOLIST for a large part of my ham radio career. Matter of fact, I just ran across some old paper issues from 1994 that I still have in my drawer. I find John's dedication and communication second to none.

As postal costs skyrocket, it's important to get accurate information. I have hundreds of QSL cards in my collection thanks to the Golist. I'm a long time user, a first time rater! I feel this service has been dedicated to providing the best QSL information possible and it's safely parked on my hard drive.

Now that it costs $3 bucks to get a card returned, plus lets round up and say a buck for airmail postage, the cost of your QSL card, you have $5 bucks just to get a new country confirmed from overseas. With that cost, I'll stick with a source I trust, the Golist.
W0JMP Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2005 11:54 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like some of the other reviewers, I have used the GOlist for a number of years, on and off. It really shines when interfaced with Win-EQF logging program. (Proabably with others as well, but I'm only experienced with EQF.)
With Win-EQF, I have Telnet running on the bottom of the screen. If I see a see a spot I want, I click on it, it enters it in my log, changes my radio to the right band and mode, tunes my SteppIR antenna, looks the call up in the Flying Horse callbook CD, gets the QSL manager from the GOlist, and will print mailing labels and QSL data. Two more keystrokes and my rotor turns the antenna to the proper heading, either short or long path. (If this stuff gets much better, it will even work the DX station!)
Also John is a great guy to do business with as is Tom (Win-EQF). These guys are super responsive to any requests and have earned my business.
NI1N Rating: 2/5 Jan 3, 2004 02:36 Send this review to a friend
not so impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm more than a bit disappointed. I've found and IK3QAR's site ( to be more helpful. For the stations I was looking for, the GoList had very few listings where as the other 2 had just about all of them and those sites are free. Even the Daily DX reported many that weren't listed in the GoList either.

I wanted a nice one-stop-shop for QSL routing info and I was really hoping this would be it. But, unfortunately, it has been all but useless. Had they offered a trial period, I doubt I would have subscribed because this was all evident with just a handful of searches.