Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | MFJ 1129 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1129
MFJ 1129 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $109.00
Description: DC power strip with a total of 10 outlets (7 PowerPole and 3 binding posts). Installed fuses: two 1A, three 5A, three 10 amp, one 25A amp, one 40 amp. Outlets 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are Anderson PowerPoleŽ. Outlet 3 is a 35 amp high current binding post; outlet 9, 10 are 15 amp binding posts. Built-in 0-25 VDC Voltmeter. ON/OFF switch for outlets 4-10, 20 amps total. Outlets 1, 2, 3 unswitched, handle 40 amps total. Includes 7 pairs of PowerPoleŽ 14 40A contacts, 10 fuses (2 each of: 1, 5, 10, 25 and 40 amp).
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamps/1495.html

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1129.

K6BUK Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2016 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Panel  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this panel for about 8 years and I have not had any problems with it. I opened it up when I first received it and the soldering was excellent. It looked like it was wave soldered, not hand soldered. I have plugged a number of things in at one time and had no problems. I did add an LED to the input side to show when the strip was powered up and added another LED to the switched side so I would know when that side was powered up. I would like to see a light in the volt meter but I am going to replace the meter with a digital volt/amp meter. I have a number of MFJ products including an MFJ-998 tuner, powered antenna switches, and more and have never had a problem with any of them. I am critical of poor design and construction and have no complaints. I would advise using standard practice of turning off the power if you do have to change a fuse. The fuse could accidentally short to the housing when installing it but if the power is off there is no issue. That advice goes to any fuse on any device. Always turn off the power before replacing the fuse. I have seen people burn their fingers because they replace a blown fuse with the power on and the fuse overheats. Also, I use automotive circuit breakers when troubleshooting problems. You can use short jumpers to plug them into the panel. Overall, a well designed and built panel.

W7JPK Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2015 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Was worried -But it works fine, looks good inside  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the one bad review, and the 2 others, I decided to open up the new MFJ-1129 I just purchased at a Hamfest. It is very neat and clean inside, with no side of anything I would consider sloppy work. Then I hooked it up, plugged in 2 HF and 1-2m radios, plus meters, lights to tuners, etc. I used 8 of the 10 positions and everything worked just beautifully. One of the items hooked up was my MFJ-969 manual tuner, which has also served me perfectly for several years. My conclusion is that MFJ has "gotten the message" and is now putting more quality into its products. I feel better about them these days.

K8VL Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2012 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was reluctant to purchase one of these based on one review I found here. But the review was very old and there was another one from Sept, 2012 that said it was well made. So I thought I'd give it a try. I was happy to find that it is indeed very well made. I also have a RIGrunner and admittedly the housing is nicer on the RIGrunner, the MFJ-1129 is well soldered, the connections are easy to access, and the unit overall more than suits my needs.

AC0SV Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2012 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Nicely made.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I alway open the things I buy, just in case. The MFJ 1129 I bought new is no exception. I found perfectly done solder joints, heavy duty PC board, and all connections properly made. I am an electronics teacher and I would give them an A for this one. It's design is good and the construction has no flaws. It works well for me and I especially like the large binding posts for my high current amplifier. If you purchase one and want to open it, take out the 4 black sheet metal screws that are located on the sides. Do not remove the 5th one in the middle of the side. You may have to insert a flat blade screw driver between the case and the bottom because the screw holes have a burr that holds them together as though a screw was still in the hole. The bottom will pop off and you can inspect the insides. I'm pleased enough that I am going to buy another for my other car.

WA4AOS Rating: 0/5 Mar 11, 2007 12:07 Send this review to a friend
NO QUALITY CONTROL  Time owned: months
After having several MFJ products over the years and hearing MANY HORROR Stories about their Junk , I was reluctant to purchase anything from them. However, I wanted to build a Power distribution panel for the shack and after looking at the MFJ 1128 and MFJ 1129 at a Ham fest, I decided that even MFJ should be able to build something this simple. I bought the 1129, 1128, another smaller panel and 3 packs of power pole connectors. After getting home, I hooked up the 1129 and first thing I noticed was the switch did not work. I opened the unit and was totally disappointed with the AWFUL soldering job on the inside.

1)The wires going through the switch were POORLY
soldered on wire that was heavily oxidized.

2)Many of the larger solder lugs had COLD solder
joints.

3) There were bits of solder and wire fragments all over the inside of the case.

I did not open the other 2 units and will be sending the $300.00 pile of trash back to MFJ and will never make additional purchases from

M F JUNK !!!!!