Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Aphex 230 Help

Reviews Summary for Aphex 230
Big Bottom
+4 dBu and -10 dBV outputs
24 Bit 96 kHz A/D
AES, SPDIF and Optical outputs
Low jitter word clock output
Word Clock Input
Cough Switch (Soft Mute)
More info: http://www.aphex.com/230.htm

You can write your own review of the Aphex 230.

N1ZLE Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2011 15:46 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nothing personal for all those Behringer and W2IHY folks (I still own LOTS of Behringer gear, and W2IHY, it works well!!)

This is the best one rack mount solution to world class audio you will find.

I was really tired of two million knobs, racks full of tweaks, and more capability than one could ever jam into 4khz (give or take). This is the best one box audio enhancer for under a kilobuck.

I bought it in 2005, and knock on wood is still running like a dream.

Get it.

KE5WWX Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2010 09:50 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With a price of 899, Its not the cheapest accessory to your ham station. I was able to pick one up for 300 used and all I can say is, this thing is awesome.

First you have your built in 12ax7 Preamp, then you have a wonderful compressor that works 10 times better then my old mdx2600 behringer.

Noise gate and desser blows away almost everything behringer puts out.

Big Bottom, Aural Exciter and Parametric Eq are phenomenal as well. Blows EX-3200 away, Eq is nice as well. Who needs a deq2496! Infact Mine is for sale.

When I bought this unit, My goal was to eleminate some of my rack. With the Aphex 230, I eleminated 5 peices of rack gear. All I run is the aphex 230. Goal Acomplished. I can actually plug the aphex 230 Direct into the Flex 5000a Balanced input and do not even need a isolation transformer. IF you count that, Thats 6 peices of gear out the door. You get want you pay for. If you would like to hear it on the air, I am usually on 3.810 most nights.

Flex5000a Plus Aphex230= Studio quality audio

W8GN Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2007 18:54 Send this review to a friend
One Unit Can Do It All  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I enjoy tweaking the audio of my rigs and I recently purchased a Yaesu FT-2000 and I had an aging Behringer audio rack sytem, consisting of 4 main pieces, a Mic Pre-Amplifier, a Parametric Equalizer, a Bass Enhancer and Effects Processor. Well, the Aphex 230 replaced all 4 pieces and by consolidating, I've added a few features that I didn't have before. If you enjoy tweaking the audio of your rig, give the Aphex 230 a try, I'm glad I did. It's a bit pricey, but in my opinion, well worth it.

N1ZLE Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2007 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had been using Behringer gear a including a VX2000, and B-1 mic w/ my TS-2000. That was a great combo. This with the PR-40 is in an entire different league. I found mine on eBay for under $500.00 and because I also use it for my home studio the price was justified. The sound this produces is full, rich, and highly articulate. Very easy to listen to. Works excellent for all modes w/ a bit of control tweaking. I highly recomend it to anyone with lots of extra cash burning a hole in their pocket. Check the link, for full specs.
N1ZLE