Reviews Categories | Microphones | AB5N - Icom HM-151 - IC-7000 mic. modification Help

Reviews Summary for AB5N - Icom HM-151 - IC-7000 mic. modification
AB5N - Icom HM-151 - IC-7000 mic. modification Reviews: 149 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.50
Description: Modification to the Icom HM-151 hand microphone that comes with the Icom IC-7000. This mod fixes the poor FM audio that this microphone and radio combination has from the factory. The modification replaces the mic element and a capacitor, adds a shaped acoustic foam shell, widens the mic opening, adds a wind screen (pop filter) and a 1oz weight to the microphone shell.
More info: http://www.7000mic.com/

You can write your own review of the AB5N - Icom HM-151 - IC-7000 mic. modification.

ND5T Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2011 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Above and Beyond  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent a non working mic to Bob, he repaired the Mic, preformed the upgrade, and shipped everything back to me before I could send my email about the Mic not working. he included a note on the work and cost of the repair, with an option if I wanted to pay him for the repair. I put a check in the mail the same day. This is one of the good guys who will go above and beyond

VE7HJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2011 23:54 Send this review to a friend
David Clark Headset Mod  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I modified a David Clark Headset to use with an older Icom radio. I asked Bob if he would install the microphone mod so I could use them with my new IC-7000. He said send them to me with the Heil Adapter without the Cap. What a great job he did and they were back to me in time for Field Day. The microphone really makes the IC-7000 audio sound great and drives the radio way better than the stock microphone.

Thanks Bob!!

DB1ULI Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2011 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Pure Ham Spirit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob did a wonderful job by inventing this mod, my audio is now 1A. Thanks for this and his support like answering to all my mails very fast, a superb video manual an a really good price for all components incl. shipping to germany. This is what I call a real Ham Spirit.
This modification is a must have for all IC-7000 owners! I recorded my audio before and afterwards, what a difference!
73 from Germany - Uli

WR7A Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2011 16:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob provides a very quick turnaround for the HM-151 upgrade. Used to get 'sounds flat' while operating AM and low audio on SSB even with the mike gain almost all the way up. Only need 25% with compressor on now. Getting good audio reports now. Don't know why ICOM doesn't fix this problem! A great upgrade, thanks Bob......Ed

AE5XN Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2011 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent mod, excellent service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my HM-151 to Bob via 1st class mail on Monday, received an email on Wednesday that he'd received, modified it, tested it, and shipped it back out by 4pm Wednesday. I received it back on Friday. Works great. Anyone who owns the IC-7000 should have this modification done ASAP. You won't regret it. It finally has good audio. Excellent service and communication from Bob all the way around. Keep up the great work.

KQ8P Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2011 17:56 Send this review to a friend
Better than Advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super fast turnaround,have had good reports using this mic thanks for a great product Bob
Highly recommended

N2HOT Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2011 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Outstandig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast results outstanding service excellent report I highly recommend Bob's modification for the HM-151

2E0BTX Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2011 14:53 Send this review to a friend
lovely rich audio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Absolutly Brilliant audio reports im getting , instead of people asking me to speak closer to the microhone!.
Its well worth having this mod done,
Bob turned the mic around in just 10 days from the uk.
I now get better reports on fm and ssb with this mic than i do with the new SM-30 desk mic , Also the added weight in the mic makes it feel much better in the hand , just wish i had done this mod earlier its turned a great radio into a fantastic one Thanks again Bob !!!

N4YHC Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2011 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Modification  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had the mics on both my IC7000 and IC7200 modifief by Bob AB5N. As others have noted, the modified mic was received in a total of fives days - out in the mail on Monday and back Friday.

I have been extremely pleased with the mods. My radios sould better and I get rave reports. During the ARRL DX Contest, a station in Hondurs reported "that you are rattling my headphones" - sure propogation played a key, but 100W mobile to get that kind of report is remarkable. I am getting great reports on both SSB and FM.

I highly recommend Bob's service for these mics; a much simpler way to go compared to other equipment, equalizers, etc. for good audio.

W0LD Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2010 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Addition to the IC-7000  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best spent money on a mod. I have ever spent. Works great!