Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Yaesu FP800 power supply Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FP800 power supply
Yaesu FP800 power supply Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100-150 used,new 299
Description: Matching 20A power supply for the ft890,ft900,&ft840 with internal speaker.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FP800 power supply.

K9CTB Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2010 17:30 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Very Rugged  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got one of these gems on a deal with a fellow ham who sold me his FT-600. I since parted with the transceiver (I probably shouldn't have) and kept the power supply because my buyer didn't need it. Turned out for the best however, since we used the FP-800 as a power supply for our VHF Packet Node downtown. It has been in service for 5 years without a failure. The radios, TNCs and antennas at the site are a different story, but the power supply kept chugging. I only recently swapped the supply out because I need the speaker here at home, and I placed a high-current switcher at the node site. The FP-800 has long outlived its expected lifespan, and it's still going strong. It deserves a 5!

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2007 17:30 Send this review to a friend
8 years old and still going strong!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this linear power supply/speaker new when I purchased a Yaesu FT-840 and a FC-10. The supply has worked with any problems whatsoever. It matches the FT-840/FC-10 perfectly and just sits on my desk silently doing its job, with the barely noticable fan turning on occasionally. I have two other linear supplies, a Daiwa and an Astron. Both hum slightly, the Astron being the worst, I wish they were as quiet as the FP-800. I highly recommend this supply.
W7UTE Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2007 20:20 Send this review to a friend
Nice speaker/ps!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just found one at a dealer and paid $99. This is a nice addition to your FT890,FT900,or Ft840.It's the same size as the radio and has a large speaker which will make your radio sound much better. It can set next to or under your ft890. I'm glad I found this one! You'll be pleasantly surprised!!!W7UTE