Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 6M5X Help

Reviews Summary for M2 6M5X
M2 6M5X Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $269.95
Description: 6 Meter 5el Yagi by M2
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/index2.html

You can write your own review of the M2 6M5X.

KD2JA Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2011 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Killer Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have finally gotten an antenna for 6 meters! I have a Mosley TA-53M that I took down to repair and replace the hy-gain Ham IV rotator that was stuck. We put up a new 2" mast, rotator, put back up the TA-53M and put a brand new M2 6M5X 5 ft above the Mosley. The M2 6M5X sits at 40+ ft on the tower. Wow! I work everything I can hear! I hear everything! I get solid reports.
I drive the M2 with an Icom IC-7700 so I put out 200 W on 6 meters! Wow I wish I had done this years sooner! GREAT antenna! I'm working EU, SA, Caribean, US, VE and Africa! Check out DX Sherlock http://www.vhfdx.info/spots/map.php?Lan=E&Frec=50&ML=M&Map=W2L&DXC=N&HF=N&GL=N

GM6HGF Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2010 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
6M5X fed by Ecoflex 10 feeder to Kenwood TS-2000 / 100w is my 6m stn. Assembly per instructions and required no tuning here. Use copaslip or similar anti seizing paste on 'allen' screws in T match assembly, I had done on 2M12 but forgot on 6M5X - discovered seized when I went to disassemble antenna for Winter. Very pleased with performance and worked 50 dxcc first year with this antenna and 100w ssb/cw.

K1NG Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2008 09:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read the reviews here on eham and decided to sell my A50-5s and ordered the 6m5x. It took about 6-7 weeks to arrive, evidently M2 has these sold b4 the are made! Easy to assemble, slick element mounting, four piece boom is bolted together, no spacing measurements required, it is really a turn-key antenna, even the 4:1 balun is included!! Very rugged and "Light Weight", made tower mounting a breeze. It's about 5' below my TH3MK4. First qso's were with EN08 (N.D.), DN47 (Mt)and CO82 (BC)! This antenna really hears well! I'm happy I purchased it!!

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2008 11:17 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the M2 6M5X up now over 5 years & it's a "WINNER".As you may know we have had some BIG storms in the last couple of years here in Florida & it's still going strong.I think it's a MUCH better antenna than the Cushcraft A50-5S that I did have because of it's material strength,quietness on the band,& the matching network.The antenna is HEAD & SHOULDERS above the Cushcraft.The Cushcraft could NOT hear the weak signals & it was NOT constructed very well. M2 is a PROVEN "WINNER" year after year in contest after contest on MOST of ALL of the VHF & UHF Contest winners lists of gear.If you want a winner of an antenna for 6 meters get yourself an M2 6M5X & not only BE HEARD but HEAR what other antenns can not but would love too hear above the NOISE! }:>) M2,MAKING WINNERS,AGAIN, AGAIN,& AGAIN..................Buy the BEST antenna the FIRST TIME & enjoy the BIG signals or you will wish you had LATER!Thanks M2

Clayton
W4KVW
EM80

W0JX Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2008 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Two Antennas for the Price of One!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the 6M5X two years ago at Dayton, assembled it, and let it sit on sawhorses in the backyard until this year. Finally decided to put it up on the sunporch roof at 13 feet off the ground when I learned that Sable Island, CY0X, was on the air a week ago. With 70 watts at the antenna feedpoint, they were easy to work on CW from Ohio!

We needed a decent antenna for our 6 meter Field Day station. The 6M5X has an 18 foot boom which is built in four sections. By removing the front section with Director #3, we converted it to a 4 element beam with a 14.5 foot boom. W7CE did an analysis of the 6M5X for me which demonstrated that if Director #2 is moved 16 inches closer to Director #1, excellent gain-about a db less- is maintained with good Front to Rear and no adjustments need to be made to the T match. Director #2 was unbolted and held in the new position with Scotch electrical tape.

On Field Day, we put the 4 element version up on a flag pole at about 18 feet. We worked CY0X, the east coast, the southeast, and TO5E with ease. It demonstrated excellent directivity and front to back. Easy to transport and converted back to the 5 element version in 10 minutes.

NT4I Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2008 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Star Performer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I wish I bought this antenna years ago!