Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF1500 Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar HF1500
Palstar HF1500 Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $339.95
Description: high power antenna tuner
More info: http://www.palstar.com

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF1500.

W4MCX Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2010 09:44 Send this review to a friend
What a Tuner and what service!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just a great piece of amateur gear...Does just about everything...Service from manufacturer is top shelf...if I only had a wiring diagram...

FORMER_K0PD Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2007 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this tuner when they first came out and it has never failed me and is just built great. All i can say and everyone else has already said it i'd buy another if need be. But i'm guessing this thing will probly out last any of my current radio's and amp...

W2VD Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2003 16:42 Send this review to a friend
A Quality Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner is built like a tank, and has done a great job for me. I would buy it again in a second.

73 de Mike, W2VD

KB4W Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2003 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Even better than I expected!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had anyone told me two weeks ago that one of the nicest pieces of amateur equipment I own would soon be a station accessory - a lowly transmatch no less - I would have laughed at them. But it's true.

In need of a new tuner that can handle 800 watts, I looked carefully at the offerings from Ameritron and Vectronics in Charlotte last weekend. Both were on display without covers. I am so grateful that based on the reviews here and in the February, 2003 QST, I waited and ordered the AT1500CV sight unseen instead. For an extra $40.00 roughly, it is a vastly nicer product than its closest competitors. Quality components, careful assembly, and attention to detail is evident everywhere. It will tune a wet string without complaint, and the repeatability of the gear-driven turns-counter is perfect. Should you purchase one of these tuners, I URGE you to take the lid off and look the unit over before you install it at your operating position. Only then will you fully appreciate what you now own.

FORMER_K0PD Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2003 09:33 Send this review to a friend
5/5  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my palstar tuner now for 3+ years and have had absolutely no problem's what so ever.I run a old clipperton L amplifier and have ran it many times at 1kw through the tuner with no arcing or any other problem's.It tunes true to the previous setting's and just have never felt a need for another tuner as one's previously owned were all limited in their operation's.My suggestion is if your thinking of buying one JUST DO IT and forget about that junk in mississippi.

VE3YF Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2003 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner was highly recommended to me, so I decided to give it a try. I had a small problem
with the Roller Inductor shaft slipping, but Paul promptly sent me out a new collar. Since then not a problem and I have used the tuner for around 24 months now and it works perfectly. All the controls are smooth operating, and the internal setup is neat and clean. The tuner works
as it was designed and I am completely satisfied with it. I have not had any problems with the inductor melting as others have suggested, mind you my antennae are pretty well matched. Great Job Palstar.

KC9WC Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2001 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Quality Tuner!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been looking for a quailty antenna tuner for a long time and always had to settle for a sub-standard one, (CHEAP workmanship and materials). However, I read articles in this review section about PALSTAR. I bought one of the 1500C. The 1500C is and outstanding tuner, i.e. quality of the material used and the workmanship. Try one, you want be disappointed. "ENOUGH SAID".

K1LBB Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2001 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased one 6 weeks ago, and am very satisfied with the quality of this tuner. I was especially impressed with the great service department, and the company as a whole!

KC5ECS Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2001 21:04 Send this review to a friend
This IS the ONE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this tuner about 4 months ago and have had no regrets. It is a quality piece of equipment. Well built and looks great. It's a little pricey compared to some MFJ's, but hey, no metal shavings inside. I wish I had just purchased this one in the first place. The documentation is super. It gives you beginning places for each band and it then requires very little knob twisting to dial in the rig. It has tuned everything I've thrown at it, dipoles, verticals, linelar loaded vertical, and 3 elem beam. Well done Palstar, and Thank You.

VE3BHZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2001 14:17 Send this review to a friend
BEST FOR THE PRICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
July 4th bought used AT1500. July 5th e-mailed Palstar to enquire about operating manual, instant reply requesting mailing address which I sent. Today July 11th received manual by air mail. That is what I call service. This is the 4th tuner for me, 1st was a homebrew which worked great but looked awful Hi, 2nd a Dentron 3000 worked well but had tapped coil which limited the capabilities, 3rd was the infamous MFJ949C, no need to go into that Hi. This is the last one I will buy for sure. It touched up my Mosley Pro57 no problem at all which of course is to be expected. With my G5RV it tuned all bands including 30m down to 1:1. Tried it on 160m which of course the G5RV is not designed for and got the SWR to 2.5 :1. It is an older model with the plastic coil form but since I don't run more than 600w from the Ameritron AL-811H it will do the job for me. Definitely a well designed and solidly built tuner. For me it is definitely a 5. "Try it you'll like it"