Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-775DSP Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-775DSP
ICOM IC-775DSP Reviews: 101 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $4760.00
Description: 200 Watt HF transceiver with DSP, 10-160 m + WARC.
More info: http://icomamerica.com/support/archive/amateur/ic-775dsp.asp

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-775DSP.

DJ7ST Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2017 11:17 Send this review to a friend
For me it is the best !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I owned my first IC775DSP 20 years ago together whit a
Yaesu FT1000D and i sold it to a friend of mine a few years ago.
I had a lot of very good rigs in my shackroom.
They come and go and sometimes they stay.
Today I used two of this very good rigs whit all the filters inside
and the SM8 Mikrofon.
This rig is a real keeper.
If you can get on in good condition,buy it !!

F4EGA Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2017 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Lovely transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I owned a IC-775DSP a decade ago and I resold it, big stupidity on my part, I always regretted this transceiver. This weekend I could exchange my IC-7300 against a IC-775DSP with filters in perfect state and I am very happy! I do not regret the 7300 because the noise level on the 775 is really very low in comparison of the 7300. This time I will not sell it again on !!

KN4G Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2017 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Stands the Test of Time  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used the last couple of years a later 2002 model, the year it was discontinued. It has all the options and the addition of the INRAD roofing filter. As compared to my brand new modern day FTDX-3000..wow the ICOM receiver is as good or better. I always go to the "large" 775DSP for ease of use and 200 Watts really makes a difference. Paired with the ICOM SM-20 desk mic and I always get great audio reports. I will likely NEVER sell this radio. Going to sell the FTDX3000 when the IC-7610 has been out for a bit. If you need a home QTH rig and have the opportunity to buy a IC-775DSP you won't be disappointed. A solid 5 out of 5, even with the 22+ year old design.

K8ZPO Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2017 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Great recieve  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I wanted a 775 for a log time after using my 7600 against it at my friends shack. I love my 7600, but have to say the receive is better and quieter on the 775 side by side.

LA5XQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 14:27 Send this review to a friend
A great rig despite its age  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this one used 2 years ago. I have installed the CW filters, it had the SSB 1.8khz filters installed. I chose IRCI 2.1 khz in 455 because the Icom FL222 sounded to narrow to my taste.

This radio just works outstandingly great. Very nice VFO-knob. I use it most for CW, it is very good with the AFP and the DSP-noice blanker makes it the quitest receiver I have ever listened to. (Well - Collins are better). I can pull out very weak signals and work them as the 200 watts really makes a difference.

I compared it to the IC-7410 on SSB - and it stood up to it - even though it is a mere 20 years older! It is a pleasure to use this rig in any situation! And I sold the 7410 (not cause it was bad but I like the 775 better).

Very RECOMENDED if you can find one.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2015 03:56 Send this review to a friend
WORLD CLASS RADIO  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This oldie but goodie will hang with any modern highend radio. Still expensive but if you come accross one for sale, BUY IT! You will not regret it.

2M0YIO Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2015 11:38 Send this review to a friend
great reciever  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i have had icom 775 dsp for about 6 months great radio great rx and tx regards 2m0yio brian

IT9MOK Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2015 14:24 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
For me is The best..
I have tried many others radio but the 775 dsp
is here again ...
simple, robust, reliable and quiet...
thanks icom ..:)

G0MJK Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2012 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only recently acquired the 775DSP and having owned quite a lot of radios I can categorically say that this is way up there with the best. I have had the Icom 756 Pro 2 and 3 and can say that the receive is well above both in sensitivity and noise. As I also have the Yaesu FT1000MPMk5 I have taken the opportunity to compare both under exactly the same conditions. The 775 is certainly better than the FT1000MPMk5 in terms of sensitivity and noise with the Yaesu not exactly being in the noisy class. So far there is no downside and I do recommend using the Icom SM20 base microphone for great audio reports.

I5GJK Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2012 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Among the Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a lot of radio, but this is great, it has a DSP on the audio that exceeds the latest DSP on Mid Frequency.
Perfect a really nice radio.