Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | M2 20M5 Help

Reviews Summary for M2 20M5
M2   20M5 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $1,183
Description: 5 Element 20 Meter Yagi on a 44 Foot Boom
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/index2.html

You can write your own review of the M2 20M5.

AB3CX Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2014 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Antennas  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I aquired a pair of these on the second hand market in the summer of 2012, and put them up in a 5 over 5 stack during the summer of 2013. Each antenna has been cleanned and reassembled. I would have no reservations about undertaking the project again. These antennas give me the kind of signals to run in the major DX contests in the SSB part of the bands, not the easiest place to hold a frequency some times. Construction is rugged, straightforward, and the manuals guidelines were used with good results for tuning. SWR was less than 1.5:1 for 275-300 Kc, and less than 1.8 everywhere in the band. Company support is good by phone, always someone available to ask a question. I love M2 yagis.

N3LK Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2011 11:08 Send this review to a friend
highest praises and recommendations!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Installed the M2 20M5 about 6 months ago, and can only give it the highest praises and recommendations!

M2 20M5 replace a full size 8 element M2 10-30 Log Periodic installed on a 110’ motorized tower (the LogP was itself a very solid and well performing antenna). The performance difference was AMAZING!

I Worked 25 DX stations in the 1st few hours, with “10-20 over” reports from Europe, Latin America, and a few Asian stations. On average I can break into piles-ups 95% of the time on the 1st call. SWR is low across the 20M band, no tuner is needed.

Construction was straightforward (takes about 3-5 hours, if you have some experience with larger arrays). Material quality was very good, as was the instruction manual.

My shipment was missing a critical piece (5” tail boom) . . . a call to M2 got it manufactured and shipped to me in about 3-4 days (slipped the install by 1 week). M2 customer service and sales was very helpful and friendly

CX6VM Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2010 14:19 Send this review to a friend
nice antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this antenna since November 2009 (also a 15M6). When I assembled it I was surprised because it is a robust antenna and very well designed.

Some problems about the supports for the boom support rope. I needed to redrill in a another place of the boom to have the rope clar and not touch the balun.

Performs as a killer!..

I gave it 4 out of 5 because the 100mph winds they claimed in the manual.

In a heavy wind not never up to 70mph, the tip of one of the elements bent back 8about 45 degrees).

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

A41MO Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2009 01:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
The M2 20M5 is a professional tool, durable, rugged and handle power without any trouble. It has in my opinion a perfect balance of size, aesthetics and weight. One of the first to hear signals and one of the last to lose them. SWR 1:1 from 14.1 to 14.3 and rises to 1:1.2 or 1.3 at the edges of the band depending on the initial configuration one chooses while the F/B ratio and the side rejection are excellent. One of my better investments and value for money. If you have the space and the support needed you will be a force to reckon with on the band.

W4NU Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2009 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I put up the 20M5 5 el 20 meter monobander in November of 2008. It is extremely well constructed and went up to replace a Telrex 20M536 that had been severely damaged by a swaying tree in a wind storm.

It's SWR is quite low over most of the 20 meter band. It cracks the pile-ups immediately and probably is the best 20 meter 5 el monobander made in the USA.

K5FTE Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2007 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased it direct from M2 as they don't build these "Monsters" until you request one. It arrived in two pieces. Three 15 foot boom sections and a 10 foot box of elements and all other hardware. I took my time putting it together and was impressed at how well build it is. The elements are sleeved (double wall) except for the half inch dia. tip ends. You are give a choice of measurements where you want the antenna to perform best. The antenna was installed on March 13, 2007 just in time to break the pileup for 9M4SDX on Spratly Is. WOW! what a treat for her maiden test. If you are serious about 20 meter DX, this is the antenna to have. Jeremy at m2 was very helpful when I had questions.

Earl, K5FTE