Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | AOR UK Ltd - TenTec DIRECT Help

Reviews Summary for AOR UK Ltd - TenTec DIRECT
AOR UK Ltd - TenTec DIRECT Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: UK agent for TenTec Radio products, also supply a range of scanners,receivers and antennas etc.
More info: http://www.aoruk.com/tentec/

You can write your own review of the AOR UK Ltd - TenTec DIRECT.

G0MLY Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2009 05:15 Send this review to a friend
A delight to deal with!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can only really agree with all the glowing testimonies below.

I had a small issue with my Omni VII headphone socket while under warranty (about a year ago) and took the radio to Matlock (only 70 miles!) for a quick check. They gave it the once over while I was there, but of course, no issue arose!!! So they kept it for a soak test, identified the problem within 24 hours and sent the radio back within days, complete with a report of the exact component (a capacitor) failure.

These folk are totally transparent and their service is second to none. Richard G4NAD and his staff are just a delight to deal with and have always been straight and honest in my experience.

There is no pushy sales here, just excellent service! Just another reason why you should make your next radio a Ten-Tec, from AOR Direct of course!!

I2DMI Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2008 14:55 Send this review to a friend
High quality service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I shipped my ORION I and few days later I get several e-mail from them: confirming when they received the 565, then to report me a general overview of the problems found in the radio, later the cost of repair.
The cost of repair was cheap.
The radio - after soak test - was sent back to Italy in a very short time.
Good service. High service quality.
Frank I2DMI - T88RY

G0BYH Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2007 09:15 Send this review to a friend
Service to TenTec ORION  Time owned: more than 12 months
This company is the main agent for TenTec products here in the UK.
I purchased my TenTec ORION I from them approximately two years ago. Recently I had what appeared to be quite a serious fault develop and contacted their service department for advise. After discussing the problem for some few minutes it was decided that the best option was for the transceiver to be returned for investigation.
The service department arranged for the radio to be collected from my home, the fault was investigated, faulty components replaced and the radio returned to me all within 7 days...........what fantastic service.
TenTec has I think always had an excellent name for service in the USA and this UK company is certainly carrying on in that tradition.
Anybody thinking of buying TenTec equipment, or having it serviced, could do no better than dealing with AOR UK Ltd - TenTec Direct.
G0BYH