Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | GlobalQSL Help

Reviews Summary for GlobalQSL
GlobalQSL Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $99/1000 cards
Description: GlobalQSL Custom QSL Printing Service

Due to technical improvements in the printing industry, and "high tech" modern technology and facilities used by Global QSL, allows us to give you an unprecedented service. All you have to do is subscribe, design your personal QSL card and upload your electronic logbook, or enter your QSO's manually.

You need no longer write QSL cards or print labels. Don't sort your out-going cards, no more trips to the out-going and in-coming QSL bureau. You only pay for the amount you use, no loss of cards. Don't waste time, enjoy ham radio and the fun of getting QSL cards without the burden of writing them.

You can write your own review of the GlobalQSL.

K7HV Rating: 2/5 Feb 27, 2016 13:16 Send this review to a friend
BURO svc A+, Printing D-  Time owned: months
I have been using GlobalQSL for years and found it to be an outstanding value for printing and sending bureau QSLs. I used to dread opening my buro envelope and spend hours replying to the I just select my QSOs from my HRD log, save as an ADIF and upload. Their QSL designer is great, but you can also upload your own (or professionally produced) image for them to use on your QSLs.
Now the bad news: I would steer clear of using them to print QSLs for use at home for direct QSLs. Although the quality is great, my first batch of cards took over 3 months to arrive and the second batch has yet to even be acknowledged as printed -even after two inquiries I am still not sure if the "get it". All I see on their www site is that my card order is to be used for bureau QSLs...not to be printed and sent to me as (clearly) requested. I will continue to use them for sending bureau cards, but would advise NOT using them as a printing resource.
K9BHP Rating: 2/5 Mar 30, 2015 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Bugs & Problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even if only trying to upload a single MANUALLY edited QSO, the system wants to upload a ADIF file.
I NEVER upload a ADIF file, all I do is manual entries.
This needs to be looked into...
WB4M Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Easy QSL alternative  Time owned: more than 12 months
Global clearly states cards are sent to bureaus when they have 500 cards for a particular buro OR 3 months has passed. So if your card is going to a low volume country, it might sit for 3 months before being shipped out. Otherwise it might be sent out the next day. You can't beat it for the price; you custom design your own card, they print it in full color. You simply upload an ADIF file for a lot of cards or you can enter them one at a time. No need to order cards from a printer, fill them out by hand or print labels at more cost, sort them, send the to the outgoing buro where they will also sit for a while. Global makes it easy to QSL to SWL stations and cards via managers. You can view any card you have sent and also cards they have printed that are coming to you. Give it a try, it really makes QSL'ing easy, much better than going through the ARRL bureau.
AE4TA Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2015 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Saves Time Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just sent out 66 DX QSLs through GlobalQsl. Imagine how we did it back in the day, when we sat at a desk and with pen and blank QSLs we had to fill in all details, pay for shipping. Today I uploaded my 66 Out going QSLs by ADIF to Global QSL. Took about 2 minutes. And, I have found that their customer service is very quick as well.
KI4EZC Rating: 4/5 Dec 11, 2014 19:50 Send this review to a friend
mostly happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have been a member since may 2007 and the service has provided plenty of savings in time and dollars for me. it does well data processing wise. a few of my incoming cards have got caught in the shipping and buro stage and not gotten to me. that is tolerable because it is just a few.

i think the service has had to pull back from the QSO (adif source) print queue time original hopes due to increased shipping cost. the original web site FAQ gave 3 months max and card get printed regardless. Azar assured me in a recent email that he is taking a long print time sometime but doing so to offer us the best price. i will just trust him on that. what are the expectations now? most go through quickly well under 3 months but occasionally we are going to have a very few that wait 5 months like 2 of my "thanks qsl" cards are experiencing currently.

the way for the site to have quicker printing is to have more volume which i hope is happening. 73 ki4ezc
K3DCW Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2014 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Great service, but normal slow bureau path  Time owned: more than 12 months
GlobalQSL is a great way to deal with Bureau QSLs. No sorting, no bundling or packaging, no mailing. Sending cards out is as easy as can be:
- Export an ADIF of the QSLs you want to send
- Upload ADIF file to GlobalQSL
- Confirm QSLs to be sent
- Sit back and wait for the bureau service to do its thing

As always, the Bureau service is slow, and while my rate of return on over 1000 cards sent over the past 4 years or so is not 100%, it is still very good. I've received cards printed and sent from GlobalQSL from other stations and the quality is very nice, so you know that your card is also presenting your station in a very good light. Finally, the cost of GlobalQSL (per card) is comparable with that of normal paper QSLs, so it saves you money from having to buy your own cards and then having to pay to mail them to the ARRL (or other bureau service). Basically, for the price of the card alone, you get the full package.

My only "negative" of the GlobalQSL system is that their QSL design software is Windows-only. It would be nice to have an online editor or a cross-platform solution, but that is minor in the overall scheme of things.

I strongly recommend GlobalQSL if you send a lot of QSLs via the Bureau. The time you save is valuable!
N3RC Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality Innovative Technology  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this service for about 5 years. The quality of the QSLs is outstanding and the prices are good!!!

The whole process is slow going to bureaus(think years not months!

Sure cuts down on the work for long term qsling needs, OQRS is great for dxpeditions/quick turnaround
W3OU Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2014 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Great way to go  Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't beat the cost and easy to do. Only thing to do manually is lookup and add QSL managers to the file. Some comments on being slow. This is by the buro and the cards go out in waves. After a few years and 10K+ QSOs it looks like the number of pse and tnx QSLs balance out which means things are going in both directions to the buros. Quality is outstanding for the price. Always impressed with the Global QSLs received. If you need it quick, go direct or OQRS, which I do for new or rare ones, then there is LOTW for quick confirms, but no paper.
W6HDG Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2013 19:52 Send this review to a friend
A terrific alternative QSL service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have spoken with several hams on the air who highly recommended this service, so I thought I would give it a shot. GlobalQSL can print you FULL color two sided cards to be sent to your QTH just like any QSL printer - with competitive quality and prices. But the cool part which distinguishes GlobalQSL is that you can also buy a quantity of "to be shipped" cards which they send out to the bureaus over time for you. You never physically see or touch these cards. Contact info is automatically printed on the cards from your uploaded ADIF file. You then watch your account online to see what has been sent out. They combine cards and ship to the bureaus over time (can typically take 3 months for most cards to get distributed). I found that 2/3 of mine went out in the first 3 weeks. If a card can't be sent (such as tough DX stations requiring SASE or money), they are immediately rejected with an explanation upon upload of your ADIF file - so you don't get "charged" to your account and you know that you are going to have to do that QSL the old fashioned way. I really like the thoroughness of their reporting.

You basically design a two sided FULL color card online using their application which is very robust and feature rich. Add your own custom images and graphics plus use stock ham logos and art they can provide. I initially spent $31.50 as a test ($18 for 100 blanks including shipping to the house and $13.50 for 100 "to be sent" cards. My physical cards arrived in 4 weeks from Israel, GlobalQSL's home base.

Your mileage may vary, but this is a unique service by a fellow ham who saw a need and filled it!

Howard W6HDG
WC5B Rating: 3/5 Apr 19, 2012 13:46 Send this review to a friend
A great alternative that the "printer" is slow, not just Buro  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I love this idea. Its a great solution to a time consuming part of our hobby. The website and technology is great. The editor does what it needs and with the help of the video tutorial, you can really create a nice card yourself. I understand completely that the Buro is slow itself, but what I and others below have experienced is the EXTREMELY long wait from the time you pay your money and order and the time it takes the printer to print the cards and get them off too the Buro itself at all. Maybe part of the problem is how nice the site is in that it actually tells you the status of your order. I sent a test batch of 100 cards and it told me I had 13 cards printed and sent in the first month, and then that is how it sat for many months. I thought I was taken until I just checked again today and in fact, they printed the rest of my cards and sent them off. My point is, people are not complaining about the speed of the buro, but the printer. I do suspect that this may be due to a problem were this may be part of the printers hobby and not just a business. So, in the end, if you are willing to wait, it is worth it. It does save a ton of work and money as a DXing ham. I will continue to use the service for common bulk DX QSL's as the price is right and as long as it gets done, I am not that worried about the speed as long as I don't just get forgot. With all the technology behind this, I would assume that they have some pretty decent software writers, so I would love to see one great tool to assist with it. I would love a tool that you can push an ADIF file through ahead of time that automatically rips USA and other countries not handled by the service. It is a chore to scan through the entire ADIF to delete them prior to upload manually, which defeats the whole point of all the automation. So, good service at a good price. -1 star for the very slow processing of orders. -1 star for the lack of communication during that long period to know what or why it was happening.