Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-5A Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-5A
N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-5A Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $250
Description: This is a QRQ paddle with short lightweight aluminum arms, magnetic tension, ball bearing movement, quick adjusting contacts and magnets. No locking nuts.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-5A.

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2011 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have 6 paddles in my collection, including some quite expensive ones. But this is the one that gets used on a regular basis. Super quality, heavy, and easy to adjust. Very fine adjustments so you can get and maintain close spacing, which is where most other paddles fall down. Doesn't loose it's good looks over time like some others. Even comes with a dust brush.

Thanks for your great service Tony.

ON8VP Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 21:02 Send this review to a friend
Drives you to the top  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my key a few weeks ago. Well packed and no damaged at all after a trip of more than 6000 km.I think it can face a hurricane...
Tried the key within a nut after its delivery and no use to say it's fantastic, it works very smooth and you can adjust the bearings accurate.
Comparing to my Bencher which works very nice too it has the advantage to work without the "mechanical feeling"! It's like comparing a train with spring suspension to one with compressed air suspension...
Above that it is a masterpiece of finishing, well made and it looks beautifull.
I gave it a 5, why?,simple...it works much better than i thought.
Tony,you made a jewel!
Peter

K2VCO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2008 23:15 Send this review to a friend
A top-notch key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just made a few QSO's with my new ZN-5A and I'm extremely pleased. I'm presently using a Begali Magnetic Pro, which is no slouch. The ZN is as good or better.
This is the ultimate "low unsprung weight" paddle! The fingerpieces and moving arms have very low inertia, much lower than the Begali. The fingerpieces are small, and they feel stiff and without flex, as they should. The base is quite heavy, and the result is a very solid feel. The ball bearings, as expected, were very smooth and the paddle could be adjusted to close spacing and light tension. I was able to send comfortably at my top speed without any interference from the paddle.
The adjusting screws have a fine thread, easy to adjust and they stay put. The round base of this model is attractive, and more important, doesn't get in the way of my fingers.
The whole package is smaller than the Begali, but sticks to my desk a bit better. I was able to use it without any rubber-coated shelf liner under it, which I need for the Begali or various other keys.
The key was nicely finished brass with no visible defects, scratches, etc.
Tony answered my initial email query the same day, and carefully confirmed my order. The key arrived exactly 4 weeks later; Tony informed me when he shipped it. It was packed very well, double boxed, etc.
There are other keys which are fancier or visually more exciting, but I doubt that you will find a better Morse sending instrument.

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2008 12:57 Send this review to a friend
ZN3A - Stunning !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very well made for my tastes
with 50+ years on CW -
this is great paddle - I like
light tension and moderate spacing -
highly adjustable to personal
tastes - real precision work
and performance !!!

N4ST Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2008 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Handles as good as it looks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had my ZN-5A for about six weeks now and there is no looking back. It was love at first sight with the beauty and precision, but a few hundred QSO's later and there is no doubt that it performs as good as it looks. This key can be adjusted for an extremely light touch with little movement yet remains very reliable in its make/break operation. I have two other keys in the same price range, and they are very nice, but the ZN-5A is what I'm running with.

N6TZV Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2008 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Beauty, Performance, Value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the N3ZN 5A round paddle for well over six months now. Communications with N3ZN was prompt, he answered all questions quickly, and within a few weeks mine was on its way. I own a small number other precision paddles as well as a couple of "vintage" paddles.

I am not a speed demon, but I do appreciate a number of attributes that the best paddles afford, such as precision of manufacture and movement, beauty of design and execution, craftsmanship, fine adjustability, stability of the settings, and long lasting comfort, all of which allows smooth and accurate sending.

The N3ZN paddle provides ALL of the above with ease! In fact, it took a while to really get used to how light, yet accurate, the touch could be due to the short paddle arms and extremely low moving mass. Now that I've used them for a while, I find I always gravitate to them. There is a silky "feel" that is quick, smooth, comfortable, and reassuring.

The design is very well thought through, the craftsmanship superb, the price very fair, service prompt, and the value unsurpassed! Order yours today!

73 Ken, N6TZV

AG5I_DOUG Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2008 06:30 Send this review to a friend
terrific addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my 5a and all I can offer is kudo's. Tony is great at communications, timeliness and most importantly producing a fine product.

As a relative newcomer to CW, I can say without reservation that this is one fine addition to my growing key collection, and given how it works, size and workmanship it will certainly get a workout. TU, Tony for surpassing my expectations, I look forward to yrs of enjoyment with your exceptional key.

W2RRT Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2008 07:01 Send this review to a friend
great paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my paddle last week Jan.10 2008. I removed the paddle from it's container and saw a beautiful made paddle. The workmanship is beyond description.I've beem using this paddle for five days and the transition from a single lever to a double lever paddle will take a short time. It operates very smoothly with fluid motion. A real pleasure. Tony, you did a great job. Thanks

WA0UDZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2007 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ZN-5A is quality and precision craftsmanship at the highest level. And it is a work of art in my shack. As my confidence and skill continues to grow with this paddle, it becomes more and more of an extension of my arm. The result is that my CW is more accurate than it ever has been.

My highest marks to Tony and this product.

73s
Ron Recsnik - WA0UDZ
Richardson, TX

EA7OM Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2007 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent paddle and service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been searching for a good CW paddle and now I can say that I got it. Itīs incredible smooth and easily adjustable. Very well made. In almost a week I received my parcel in Spain. Good job and excellent service!

Best 73'