Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVE Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVE
Alinco DM-330MVE Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $<-- 100 - 170 euros
Description: Small and powerfull adjustable power supply for Ham station.
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM330MVE/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVE.

9V1RM Rating: 3/5 Mar 13, 2014 00:26 Send this review to a friend
Ok for 2 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine was OK for the first 2 years only : It's small and I didn't find the noise of the fan to be an issue (granted I always use a headset).

A few days ago my K3 started to shutdown randomly ... I figured out the voltage coming from the PSU was causing this and was jumping from 5 to 15 V eventhough it was set to be fixed at 13.8V. I replaced it by a much bigger and heavier Diamond GSV-3000. Overall it was my first power switching PSU and while convenient because of the size, the price was a little steep considering it lastet for only 24 months ...

14FRS1548 Rating: 4/5 Jan 9, 2014 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great but mad fan (corrected, very clever now !)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi dear OM,

First of all, please be kind with my poor English ! :-)

I bough this power supply 2 weeks ago and i was very surprised how the fan was doing !

With a 1 amp current drain, the fan was activated after 2 minutes at high speed, making noise.
The mad thing was... if i reduce the current drain to ZERO, the fan will NEVER STOP !

After studying the electronic diagram, i can imagine that ALINCO make some mistake on some component's values.

I make a simple add who restore the brain of the fan who restore this power supply to a very quiet one.

No fan under 5 to 6 amp, if over fan, and if current drain fall down to a low value, the fan stop.
Normal life for a fan, isn't it ! :-)

Due to the fact i could not include pictures here, you could contact me via PM and i will send you explanation with pictures or if you want to improve your French (or use Google webpage translation), you could go there where i write a post :
(please copy/past the link in your browser)

A least, if you only have a look to the pictures in my post, i think you could understand what i have done.

73 to all !

Philippe

SAPPHIRE Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2011 03:17 Send this review to a friend
molto buono  Time owned: months
Alimentatore molto buono,nessun problema,piccole dimensioni e grande potenza. Ottimo rendimento energetico,consuma molto poco.

ON4BEM Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2011 04:10 Send this review to a friend
good but:  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
good power supply but:

1.noise adjustement (included features) is required to cancel power supply noise that can be heard in the transmitter.

2.power supply voltage drops while using the transmitter at full power -> the transmitter needs current that the power supply can deliver BUT voltage drops. The consequence of this is that the transmitter decreases his power. Conclusion, I never reach 100w but 75watts at max whatever the band. Since then I'm using a power booster mfj-4416b to ensure the 13.8v. I get now 100w. And ok the difference between 75w and 100w is negligible but 75 is 75 and 100 is 100!

the good part:
light, easy, lot of connectors, view meter and ... low price.

CT1BWW Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2009 05:55 Send this review to a friend
SUPER POWER SUPLLY!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used for DXpeditions over past 10 years. I can take this smaller Power Suplly with my Kenwood TS480s, Heil Headproset, Micro Ham and Paddle on the suit-case. I've the european version (DM330-MVE). I've test on RTTY with other PSU comparing and these are SUPERB POWER SUPPLY. No Noise, No HOT . I'm really happy and I recomend to others who liked DXpedition.

5P9A Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 02:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent workhorse on your hamshack table  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must say I was first in doubt about what to expect with Alinco quality - but i have not been dissapointed at all; The DM-330 is a workhorse to trust in my shack.
The amount of induced switching noise I have come across have been very little, and always have I been able to tune away from it with the noise control function on the front panel.

I extensively use the various output features; 4mm banana, ring terminal, plug terminal, cigarette plug - for various 12V needs around my shack, and during /P operations, it always ends up being the hub for all the 12V "customers", because it so conveniently provides interfacing for every plug standard you may find during e.g. a field day operation.

I recently used the DM-330 to power my Icom-7000 through the 24 hour operation of the IARU HF World Championship, running great pile-ups on 15m. Current draw up to 17-20A (peak) in SSB and CW CQ operation, and after 24 hours of heavy duty work, the PSU was still running solid as a rock.

I however noticed that it becomes considerably warm on the top cooling ribs - perhaps 50-60c, without the fan starting to run - so now I am in doubt if my fan or fan control actually works or not.
If not - then I'm still impressed that the DM-330 took so much beating without backing off or shutting down.

I'm a fan!

PD2ZAP Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2008 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Neat PSU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it a week ago and my conventional homebrew supply at last can retiere after 18 years of loyal service.
I love the small footprint, power output, low weight and multiple connection terminals (including a 10A cigarette lighter type terminal).
I've got to aggree with DO3MIB, the leds are a bit too bright for my taste (easy fix), but all in all: a neat psu.
No switching noises detected so far and the cooling fan is so quiet you have to to check it visualy to see if it's running (no kidding).
Worth every 89 euro I spent on it.

Just one thing: I just got a nasty shock after unplugging and accidentally touching the terminals of the mains lead, no harm done, no complaint, just don't try it yourself, it stings :).

I think it's the best bang for the Buck, or Euro.

DO3MIB Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2008 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Well done, Alinco!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great little PSU. I got the european version (DM330-MVE). I use it to drive my 706, Autotuner and an Amp. Theres no problem, no noise. Neither in SSB nor on PSK the unit gets really hot, max power i need is about 24A. The vent is silent an comes on rarely.

The only thing i dont like: In a dark ambience the LEDs for Power and Preset are too bright. A resistor solved the problem.

NS4E Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2007 04:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Power Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I got it on sale and its doing great. I like the preset feature that prevents you accidentaly puting extra voltage on your radio and the other great feature it does.

Great value for the price/money paid

K6AX Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2007 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Good PS..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this PS for two years and found it to be very reliable powering a TS-480SAT or ProIII at 100w. It once displayed some switcher noise on 80m, but when I changed my antenna to a balanced configuration, the noise was eliminated.