Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel
MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel Reviews: 26 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Weather-proof window feedtrhough panel brings three coax-fed HF/VHF/ UHF antennas, balanced line, random wire and ground into your hamshack without drilling through walls . . .

MFJ’s Weather-proof Antenna Feedthrough Panel mounts in your window sill. Lets you feed three coax-fed antennas, balanced line, random wire and ground without drilling through walls.

Simply place in window sill and close window. One cut customizes it for any window up to 48 inches. Use horizontally or vertically. High-quality pressure-treated wood with excellent 3/4 inch thick insulating properties is painted with a heavy coat of white outdoor enamel paint. Edges sealed by weather-stripping. Seals and insulates against all weather conditions. Gives years of trouble-free service. 3/4Dx31/2Hx48W inches.

Inside/outside stainless steel plates bond all coax shields to ground. Stainless steel ground post brings outside ground connection inside. Three Teflon(R) SO-239 coax connectors, ceramic balanced line/randomwire feedthru insulators.

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel.

VK3HOT Rating: 3/5 Jun 12, 2015 21:50 Send this review to a friend
Just average  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought mine due to rented house, poorly constructed, cheap timber , cheap connectors, had to tighten every fitting up before I could use it. Great concept but average construction and execution lets it down. I have other MFJ stuff which has been quite good, but am dubious about future purchases.
W6ZKH Rating: 2/5 Jun 12, 2015 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Falling apart after 4 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine 4 years ago when I lived in a leased home, as didnt want to drill any holes in exterior. It worked fine up until about the last year, when the Barrel Connectors SO239 are starting to seperate internally. I normally disconnect my coax on the outside of the house incase of lightning activity, and in doing so, the past several times, the "guts" have come out along with the PL259 . These connectors seem to be very cheap, and I have replaced them with Amphenol type, which are superior. Otherwise it was a good idea and purchase, but could be improved upon, but they dont call it "Might Fine Junk" for a reason.
VA3YG Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2015 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Good job MFJ!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A simple concept yet so helpful in my shack.

The product came with everything specified in the ad; all materials were of good quality and no issues with construction. (not always the case with MFJ)

A quick trim of the panel and installation in my horizontal sliding winder and voila! I can now seal those unslightly holes in my house wall.

Good job MFJ!
KB8ASO Rating: 0/5 Jan 12, 2014 18:29 Send this review to a friend
I would be ashamed....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Here is a product where MFJ's lack of quality control really stands out. The product as received was sufficiently painted unlike in other reviews. The problem is when they slid it across a very dirty surface put black thumb prints on it and has something that looks like grease on one end of the board. The metal panel was assembled with open end wrenches and just scratched to hell and back around the coax connectors removing the silk screening labeling the connectors! The lumber used was B grade at best. The window stopper one by two was warped in two directions, split on the end and ruff cut. The windowsill board where the connectors are attached has many gouges, dings and bruises. The products are proudly labeled made in USA but I would be ashamed to ship this to any foreign country as an example of American quality. As noted before the coax couplers have a continuous hole through them. This would seem to be a glaring issue as this product is supposed to block the outside air and insects from entering the home. Save your money and make one yourself. I'm returning mine. Definitely not worth the money spent.
KK6GMN Rating: 3/5 Sep 21, 2013 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased one of these. It actually fits great in my horizontal slide window. Trimmed off a couple of inches and fit right in. Mine was missing the weather stripping and sent MFJ a note and they are shipping some out. I suppose I could have built one of these, but the convenience factor ruled. I gave it a 3 because of he missing stripping, otherwise I would have given it a 4.
W0CKI Rating: 3/5 May 16, 2013 18:26 Send this review to a friend
It works, but that's all  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works fine but like all MFJ junk the QA is non existence. The price is fine, just expect the same crappola from mighty fine junk.
AA7FV Rating: 2/5 May 16, 2013 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Neat idea, poor implementation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This product is a neat idea, but I was disappointed in the quality of the item received. The metal panel is fixed to a piece of painted wood, which you cut to size to suit your window. My piece of wood had a split in it, from one end running under the metal panel - it didn't happen in transport, because the factory applied white paint on the wood covered the inside of the split. Apart from the split, the piece of wood looked like rough lumber that had not been planed properly before painting. A motivation for buying this unit is to try to make the shack look smart, but a piece of split lumber in the window isn't going to help. It is fairly easy to replace the supplied piece of wood with something better, although disappointing that it's necessary.
A minor point is that the center conductors of the PL259 sockets are made from a continuous tube. If one of more of the sockets are not used, they will need to capped, to avoid insects coming into the house through the tube.
Overall, a neat idea, but disappointing in the quality of what is supplied from the factory.
N5PI Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2012 09:37 Send this review to a friend
This is outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this panel in about an hour which included getting my tools out and cleaning the window. The insulation was included, the panel connectors were tight, and a 1 X 2 was included for a window stop. Having read some negative reviews, I was a bit worried until I unpackaged the panel. This is a great product. I could build one myself but I would spend more money running around trying to get all the parts needed to build it. I installed it in a 36 inch wide aluminum window and it sealed tightly. I highly recommend this product and intend to buy another one.
W0CKI Rating: 3/5 May 20, 2011 18:57 Send this review to a friend
It's OK  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Cosmeticly crappy but it serves a purpose, for 60 bucks it's OK
W7VI Rating: 0/5 May 20, 2011 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Disgraceful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchase on of the feedthrough panel and my wife thought it was a great idea. No hole in the side of are new house. Upacked the panel and was surprised at the quality of workmenship and assembly. nothing lined up and the screws were bent because they tried to go through metal. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1X3 and made my own panel. I been thinking of writing ARRL and CQ in regards to the quality of their work. MFJ should be ashamed of there product. Their nick name Might fine junk should be just JUNK.