Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel
MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel Reviews: 23 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Weather-proof window feedtrhough panel brings three coax-fed HF/VHF/ UHF antennas, balanced line, random wire and ground into your hamshack without drilling through walls . . .

MFJ’s Weather-proof Antenna Feedthrough Panel mounts in your window sill. Lets you feed three coax-fed antennas, balanced line, random wire and ground without drilling through walls.

Simply place in window sill and close window. One cut customizes it for any window up to 48 inches. Use horizontally or vertically. High-quality pressure-treated wood with excellent 3/4 inch thick insulating properties is painted with a heavy coat of white outdoor enamel paint. Edges sealed by weather-stripping. Seals and insulates against all weather conditions. Gives years of trouble-free service. 3/4Dx31/2Hx48W inches.

Inside/outside stainless steel plates bond all coax shields to ground. Stainless steel ground post brings outside ground connection inside. Three Teflon(R) SO-239 coax connectors, ceramic balanced line/randomwire feedthru insulators.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-4602

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4602 Antenna Feedthrough Panel.

KD4LTP Rating: 3/5 Jul 4, 2010 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Functionally fine. Cosmetically terrible.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got mine yesterday. I realize that MFJ is not the top of the line as far as quality goes, (especially cosmetics). However, in my experience their price / performance ratio and support is very good. The utilty of this device is quite good. But, the cosmetics are TERRIBLE. The metal plate is installed crooked, the piece of wood used and the painting looks like it was done by a 10 year old in a bad shop class.

They are one of the few companies left in the US making equipment and I can't imagine them going on much longer like this.

I gave it an "OK" rating since it does what it says.

NU4B Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2009 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Makes life easy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these and mine came in good shape. It was packaged well and looks great, and makes getting cables and wires into the shack easy. I'm pleased with it.

WJ1T Rating: 2/5 Feb 8, 2008 09:32 Send this review to a friend
Usable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I, too, did not want to drill through the wall, so I ordered the MFJ-4602. I have to admit that I am very disappointed in this product. Although it does do what it says it will do, the construction and assembly was quite shoddy. It is just a 1x4 board with a stainless plate mounted on each side to dress up the screws and coax feed-throughs. Mine came mounted on a rough piece of wood with the plates mounted crooked. The insulating material (spelled weather stripping) that was supplied was a jumbled mess that seemed to have been just shoved into the box. I straightened out the stainless plates to make it look a little more pleasing to the eye and will likely use this piece. However, it certainly is nowhere near worth the price that MFJ asks. I probably could have made one myself for under twenty dollars. This unit is functional, but should have been constructed and assembled much better for the money. I would not recommend it.

KE4GRP Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2008 14:48 Send this review to a friend
For the "not so"do it yoursefers  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Yea, you could go ahead and make one yourself. But, not being much of that kind of guy, I bought it.

Cut it just for the upstairs window (I can at least use a saw)and it works great.

I was going to buy a remote tuner, until I found out that you should'nt put anything between the control box and antenna box. I said "what the hey", I get up off my fat a** and walk into the other room and just change antennas.

One of the good MFJ products.

73 Chuck.

KI4RHC Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2007 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Great For No-Drill Situations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of those items that you know right away whether it's good or bad. I also had to wait a while for mine (they must be catching on), but it was worth the wait for me, as we plan on selling this house in a few years and I didn't want to drill through a street-facing wall to bring coax into my radio room.
The board that I received was clean and white, maybe not as finished as I'd have liked, but very presentable. Works like a charm!
The reason I chose the MFJ feed-through and not the plexi-glass one from RadioWorks was because of the extra ground lug in addition to the three SO-239s and balanced antenna lugs. It's quite versatile, although I did have to trade off the ease of sliding and locking the plexi-glass as opposed to sawing off just the right amount of the MFJ board to fit my window.

KI4LHA Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2007 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Saved my life..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With this panel I could run my coax to my shack, and since I am not drilling holes in the floor anymore my has not threated my life any more for drilling the holes. Simple installation,weather stripping inclued. Dose waht is sopposed to do.

KE7IJZ Rating: 3/5 Aug 31, 2007 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Just what I needed - not as much quality as I would like  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is just what I needed. And they must be popular - because I had to wait more than a month to get one. It arrived today and I can tell it will do exactly what I need it to. But I'm going to take the hardware off of the board they sent and mount it onto a better piece of wood - that is finished well also - after all, half of this does face inside - so it ought to be presentable. The item came new out of the box with greasy fingerprints on the metal and wood. The paint is thin and the wood splintered. It doesn't appear that any thought was given to finishing it off with 'spit and shine' - or even to use a smooth piece of wood. It's a good thing it's electrically simple - or I would be worried. The connectors are in good shape, and the silk screening on the metal panel looks good, so I'll get the parts I was really after. Overall, if I could have found the parts myself - I would have just built it. Looking at it - I would feel better if I had paid $20 less. (At least my dealer gave me a better price than MFJ would have). As it is, it will do what I need - and I can get on the air without cutting into my ceiling and walls - which would have been more costly and time consuming. Recommended now that you know what you are getting.

WA2LUF Rating: 3/5 Jun 24, 2007 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can do the same thing with a 1 x 6 cut to length, a 3/4 0r 1 inch drill and some long screws and nuts....for a lot less money and a little energy

KE5KBJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Thank goodness  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I like others have had a problem with the better half when it comes to routing coax etc. into the house. This panel solved all of the problems in one nice looking package. While I am sure that there are better ways to get the cables into the shack, this is good looking and convenient.

W4ABW Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2007 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Good idea from MFJ  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed the MFJ feedthrough about 6 months ago. Its looks good and I am pleased that I purchased this nice product.