Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | ZeroFive Antennas 30-160 meter 50-ft, vertical Help

Reviews Summary for ZeroFive Antennas 30-160 meter 50-ft, vertical
ZeroFive Antennas 30-160 meter 50-ft, vertical Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $599.00
Description: These Multi-Band Verticals are a vertical element with no traps, or coils, it is a non-loaded radiator made with 6063 T832 commercial drawn aluminum tubing. Big 2 1/8" bottom section tapers at the top for flexibility and strength, 2" heavy duty oil filled cast nylon base insulator and 14" long base tube included. This Antenna is made for multiband operation and can be used with a remote antenna tuner mounted at the feedpoint or a 4 to 1 balun at the feed point if coax is used. A minimum of 16 radials is suggested. This is a very heavy duty vertical that can be guyed or free standing. Can be ground mounted or mounted on top of your tower.
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/

You can write your own review of the ZeroFive Antennas 30-160 meter 50-ft, vertical.

WA6WPG Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2010 14:31 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE-YEAR 3  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the 50 foot vertical now for 3 years. I added additional radials and now have 70, 65 footers. I work mostly 80 meters and two weeks ago learned that I had finished FIRST in the USA in the single op LOW POWER 80 meter category in the 2009 CQWW SSB Contest. I continue to be impressed by it's performance and ROBUST construction. With 100 watts in the major contests I am always surprised when I am able to work European and African DX with a single call. Tom is great to work with.

AD1Y Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2007 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna replaced a Butternut HF2V with top-loading that I used for several years on 40/80/160. The Butternut was a good performer on 40, respectable on 80, and sometimes surprisingly more effective than anticipated on 160.

However, it was structurally pretty flimsy. The ZeroFive, as others have stated, is tank-like by comparison. The quality of materials and workmanship are excellent, with no parts missing and all parts well-fitting. It is guyed at 2 levels, and I am confident it should be a durable performer.

With Tom's heavy-duty base (and it, too, is very rugged and well-made), the antenna is as simple as possible to raise and lower without any other assistance required.

It has 60 50-foot radials that were down for the HF2V. I plan to eventually add about 60 100-footers to hopefully help out a bit on 160.

The antenna has been up for only a few days, but initial impressions are very favorable.

With the Array Solutions 4:1 balun, it tunes easily on all bands with an ATR-15. It has worked quite well on 40, requiring only 1 call to break every DX pileup thus far encountered. It has worked well on 80 as well where I've received very good signal reports from DX.

I'm also enjoying the ability to work 30 meters now as well. I haven't had the opportunity to work DX on 160 with this antenna yet, as my schedule has not been conducive to being on the air at the most opportune times.

Tom is a pleasure to work with. He returns e-mails and phone calls promptly and goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. I really can't say enough about the assistance and information Tom provided every step of the way.

I hope to post a follow-up review after further putting the antenna through its paces.

Thanks Tom for a fine product and outstanding customer support.