Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2J Programming software for FT-857D/897D Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2J Programming software for FT-857D/897D
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $$59.99?
Description: Computer programming software for the Yaesu FT-857D and FT-897D that allows entering or readind data to and from memories, frequncies, alphanumerict tags and so much more.

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2J Programming software for FT-857D/897D.

KC8UIO Rating: 0/5 Nov 3, 2007 14:44 Send this review to a friend
I only bought the cable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM RT SYSTEMS!

I avoided buying the software because of what has been said here. I bought the FTB2800 software instead.

Well, I got lazy and bought the cable (CT-29F) from RT Systems, because I heard that their cables are OK.

I am so stupid for buying this cable instead of making it myself! I paid 37 USD for it and the quality is CRAP. The first thing I noticed is that no thumb screws were included for the serial connector end. Then I tried the cable. Dinna work!

To make a long story short, the cable is wired exactly backwards. Insult to injury is that the RT Systems web-site says that this is correct. The FT-2800M manual and Bob Freeth say this is incorrect.

What a fiasco! No more RT Systems for me...EVER!

VK4APN Rating: 4/5 Sep 23, 2007 01:43 Send this review to a friend
Does the Job very well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this software for about 2 years without any problems. It is very straight forward to use memorywise & the ability to program most of the menu setup items is an nice added feature - and commit a complete copy to your hard-drive in case you ever need it. You do need to ensure your cat interface is configured and working correctly though. I also use the version for my icom IC208H with no issues whatsoever.

KD7I Rating: 0/5 Sep 21, 2007 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Worthless!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
First of all, ADMS-2J is software for the FT2800. ADMS-4B is for the 857/897.

That said, I'll add my comments about ADMS-2J for the FT2800. I should have read these reviews first, but like so many wasted my money on nothing more than junk. The software is bug ridden but I don't mind patiently working through them (I am a software developer) if RT Systems had any customer support at all. I was able to install the software but that was the end of my success. I wasted a good portion of a Saturday trying to get it work. I finally gave up. A short time later my hard drive crashed and as part of the rebuild I tried to install the ADMS software again, hoping that maybe I could find an opportunity to try once more to get it running. The software failed to install because the license key I had received from RT Systems would not work. I called, I emailed, I called again, I emailed again and could never find anyone at RT System who cared in the least. My only option is to buy a new license apparently, and I'm not about to throw good money after bad. Don't waste your time or money on ANYTHING from RT Systems. I have used many other memory and rig control software packages. Some are absolutely top notch and some of the best are FREE. RT System is at the bottom of my list for quality, dependability and customer support.

N5NPO Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2007 07:06 Send this review to a friend
RTS got this one right!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got this software when I got my Yaesu FT-857D. WOW, this is great! Programming memories and other settings into my 857D was a snap. Of all the programming software I have used from Motorola, GE, M/A-com, Ericsson, Icom, Kenwood, Maxon, Vertex/Standard/Yaesu, etc... this is about as good as it gets. Kenwood has really got their commercial programming software nearly perfect at least as far as ease of use goes and this is almost as good.