Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | AntennaWorks 144MHz 8877 Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for AntennaWorks 144MHz 8877 Amplifier
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: ANTENNAWORKS 2M 2500 WATT LINEAR AMPLIFIER
More info: http://www.antennaworks.com/

You can write your own review of the AntennaWorks 144MHz 8877 Amplifier.

W5AK Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Repair of damaged 2 Meter amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased an Antennaworks 2 meter amp from the original owner. The UPS shipper had no idea how to pack the amp for shipping and it was received in a horrible condition. Even the 8877 tube pins looked like spaghetti. Sent the amp back to Rich and he fixed it all - even the 8877 pins. Amazing! No cost except for shipping.

Rich has got a real job and it took some time but he did not have to do all the work he did for free. A good guy and a great ham! To me, he just wants to promote serious VHF operating.

K3DNE Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2007 12:34 Send this review to a friend
A true workhorse high power 2m amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am the 2'nd or 3'rd owner of this amplifier which is based on the W6PO design. I use the amplifier mostly in contests (3-4 a year) and for working 2M DX. I typically operate the amplifier at the 1 - 1.25KW PEP output level even though more output can easily be had but I want to keep my neighbors happy. Recently, the amplifier did develop a problem with sporadic input swr levels. I contacted the manufacturer and we attempted to trouble shoot the amp via phone calls and email. When we were unable to fix the problem I was asked to box the amp and send it for repair. The manufacturer had similar problems (we were guessing at this point the problem was with the tube but the manufacturer did not want to open my NIB spare tube). I was sent back my original RF deck and a brand new RF deck with the instructions to put the new RF deck into service and when working to my satisfaction to return my old RF deck. Due to the inconvenience and time delay the usual exchange fee was waived. The new amplifier (with the new tube) is now working fine. My only out of pocket expense was shipping costs. When you consider that I was NOT the original owner of this amplifier I would not have expected this level of customer service but I did receive it. I am very satisfied with the amplifier and more than satisfied with the customer service. This is a quality product with excellent workmanship and manufacturer support. Thank You Rich (KA6NBC)of AntennaWorks!