Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 432-9WL Help

Reviews Summary for M2 432-9WL
M2 432-9WL Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $264.00
Description: Model number 32-9wl, useable coverage 420-440 gain 17.3 dBd
Front to back 24dB Beamwidth E-20. H-22 Feed IMP 50 Ohms / n Female VSWR 1.2:1 or better, 425 to 432 Power Handling 1KW Driven Element Folded dipole, mod Elements/Type 28/ 3/16 Boom Length 21FT Mast Requirement 1-1/2 to 2-1/8 DIA
Wind Area 1.6 SQ.FT. Wind Survival 100mph Weight/Ship WT 7.5 LBS, 10 LBS
The 432-9WL is a lot of dynamite in a small package. The patterns speak for thenmselves. The antenna has been optimized for the use in an array of two or more antannas, but individually,for its size, its beats anything out there in both pattern and gain!
Mechanically simple, the boom 1-1/2 inches in the middle. taper through swaged ends to 1-1/4 and then 1 diammeter tips. Polyethylene button insulators with stainless keepers secure to 3/16 rod elements and of course all our antennas frature the CME machined and (O) ring sealed. Driven Element Module ensuring reliabrlity through weather and time!
More info: http://www.m2inc.com

You can write your own review of the M2 432-9WL.

N5TIF Rating: 4/5 Apr 17, 2007 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is very good for the price. BUT it it very hard to put together as most of the M2 antennas are. It took most of the day for me to put it to together by myself. Then I found out that it was missing an element and that the mast support to mast was drilled wrong and that the u bolts were not long enough for 2 inch mast. I called M2 about all this they sent me the element but never got the mast plate so I made do with what I had and drilled some new holes for the new clamps that I bought at the hardware store.

Once I got it up it worked very well but you must be right on the other station or you will not hear them. I had thought that it would be like this for such a long boom yagi like this. Its got a great F/B and the gain is great as well. But you must not be more then 3 or 4 degrees off the other station. I won the 2005 West Gulf division 432 and up contest as I only had 432 to work with but I won that band with this antenna! By the way ran the antenna with 100 watt amp but it could take a lot more up to a 1KW