Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | DXBeam DXD4030-1 Help

Reviews Summary for DXBeam DXD4030-1
DXBeam DXD4030-1 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $405
Description: Rotary 40/30 meter dipole
More info: http://www.dxbeam.com/spip.php?rubrique11

You can write your own review of the DXBeam DXD4030-1.

ZS6RJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2010 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent duo band design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I imported this rotary dipole into South Africa as I was specifically looking for a lightweight 30/40 meter solution to put on the tower.

Oliver was extremely helpful during the importation process, immediately answering and addressing concerns. I mention this first, as I believe customer service to be one of the most important aspects of any purchase.

The antenna itself is engineered to tight tolerances, cleverly designed, lightweight and provides excellent performance. I have had it on the tower for a few weeks and have used it for several hundred DX CW QSO's on both bands. It's providing me with a great deal of fun! SWR is exactly as advertised, notwithstanding the fact I only have the antenna at 12 meter height right now. Shipping, parts quality, packaging and instructions were excellent. I feed it with RG 213 and use 8 type 77 toroids slipped over the coax just below the feedpoint to eliminate RF on the coax. Works perfectly.

Thank you Oliver for an excellent product filling a gap where there are relatively few commercial 30/40 meter combination rotary dipoles available. The ability to purchase a boom and two reflectors to convert this product into a 30/40 three element (2 per band) beam at a later stage is an excellent value-add. Gtreat idea.

73, Roger, ZS6RJ

GM3YTS Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2008 12:28 Send this review to a friend
An excellent two band dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna a couple of months ago and put it up two weeks ago. It is easy to put together with coloured tape showing where each part goes. It has worked well so far and you can upgrade it to a 3/4 el beam (2el on each band) should you so desire.
performance so far has been good with no waiting to beat the pile ups. The price is reasonable too.
Service from Oliver at DXBeam is first class.

F8DVD Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2008 02:19 Send this review to a friend
Very nice antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought that antenna a month ago.
I am very happy with it's results. Very easy to built and good DXing for me with Asia and Pacific aera.
The antenna is 3 meters up a 8 element log periodic. No problems of interference between the 2.
Best 73's,
François / F8DVD

F5NBU Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2007 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Great dx antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i use it about 1 year, and all i can hear i work it easy !
all dx expedition was in log :
n8s, bs7h, zl8r, 3b7c, vk9wwi, xf4dl ...
if you want a dx antenna for 30m, use it !

F5UFX Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2007 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm the owner of this 30/40m rotary dipole since 2 months now and i could say it works very well !
Not a magic antenna, just un very good dipole, easy assembly and very good mechanical constuction.
He is just about 2m on top of my 5 bands beam and there are no problems at all. Bandwith and SWR are perfect for both bands.
I you have any questions you could call F6ARC, you will allways be welcome.