Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | RF Parts 811's Help

Reviews Summary for RF Parts 811's
RF Parts 811's Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $79.95,59,95
Description: Jan 811a tubes,Taylor 811a tubes
More info: http://rfp@rfparts.com

You can write your own review of the RF Parts 811's.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2016 07:10 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
still running the 811a taylors in my 811h amp. used regularly.. I decided as the price of these in 4 yrs has gone from 19.95-21.95 to 31.95 now in 2016 ide better buy some backups,so I ordered a quad set.. did I need them?? probably not,but I opted for the taylors over other brands and the new old stock cetrons with the 90 day warranty..these are a great tube,and I feel the price will only continue to climb,along with steve the manager at rf parts...

WA3YUR Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2015 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Quality Tubes, Good Pricing, Safely Packed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received a set of 4 matching Taylor 811A's from RF Parts and installed them into my Ameritron 811HD. The set of 572B's that came with the amp originally had gone soft. Symptoms were impedance mismatching between the amp and my XCVR at first, and later low power output under full drive and also difficulty tuning with consistency.
The matching set came very well packed, and in excellent order. After swapping the 572B's out with the Taylor 811A's, the SWR mismatch between XCVR and Ameritron decreased greatly, to the point that it can be tuned with ease again.
Even more interesting, is the fact that with 20 to 30 watts driving the Ameritron, it puts out full rated output; something I never saw with the 572B's.
I'll follow up this down the road for posterity.
73 and THANKS, RF Parts!

KF7VXA Rating: 4/5 May 5, 2014 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If one were just to look at price and compare these to the Chicom tubes, they would rate a 5.
They appear to be better quality than the stock Ameritron tubes and with some luck, should work well for years if not abused.
About the time I ordered the RF tubes, I found three new RCA 811 A's for $110.00
These tubes are the real deal and if found at a good price should be scooped up.
The RCA's have such great quality. Next to the RCA tubes, the Taylor look to be the best value for your money, but there is a noticeable difference. I would not hesitate to buy another set. As a matter of fact, I plan on buying a couple sets of Taylors in the next few months just for spares. By the time I need them, I'm betting 811's will either be hard to get or much more expensive. Get the better one's while you can.

N4ZAW Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2013 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Second amp, second set  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently retubed my second amplifier. They both had original Ameritron 'no-name' tubes that held up for years. But they were getting tired, so I replaced them with Taylor 811's matched set from RF parts. No issues to-date. Knock on wood.

VE9YJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2012 05:53 Send this review to a friend
great service and product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi
I just replaced my 3 -811a with taylor select from rf parts,my ameritron 811 have never ran so well.

thanks to rf parts
for your great product and service!
Marc ve9yj

KB8ZN Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2011 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Company  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Recently bought a quad set of Taylor 811.'s for my AL811H all arrived quick and in good shape.
Tubes are working as expected no problems. I would buy again from R F PARTS without hesitation. Thanks Merit & Joe for your personal attention.
KB8ZN

K0ZN Rating: 4/5 Mar 20, 2010 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Good product for the most part  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had one of the OEM Ameritron (unbranded) 811A's go gaseous in my AL-811 when new. Replaced with the RF Parts tubes. They work fine, although, one tube has a tiny hole in the plate where the plate material was apparently stamped to a 90 deg. bend. Tube has worked fine, but you can see a pin hole of light from the filaments. I have made several purchases from RF Parts and feel they do a good job. Certainly would buy from them again....including these tubes. The RF Parts 811A's are probably the best tube now available.

KD7TSO Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2010 02:33 Send this review to a friend
Good Tubes  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ordered several sets over the last few months too stock pile. I have not had a problem with them, and they all come intact. I'm currently Running them in my amp now no issues at all. The tube is same build quality Ameritron sells through their parts department.

K4XZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Work like they should  Time owned: more than 12 months
I changed out the original Svetlanta that came with the amp.After 4 years they started to get soft.3 new Taylors in there now matched set.Good service and arrived on time. It's hard to kill an 811A.500 to 600 watts out and works all the time.Great tubes.

73 Joe K4XZ

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 10:36 Send this review to a friend
As Adverttised ++  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a matched set of 811's for my AL-811H, and I can't kill them! I've occasionally run them beyond the recommended specs. They take a lickin' and keep on tickin !! Also use a set of 3 of their 572B's in my AL-811. Same results!