Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Vintage amateur | Johnson Viking Navigator Help

Reviews Summary for Johnson Viking Navigator
Johnson Viking Navigator Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199.99
Description: "Viking Navigator" Exciter/Transmitter, 1958 E.F. Johnson Company, Waseca, Minnesota, 13.25" wide, 10 1/16" deep, 9 1/8" high, weighs 22 lbs. Covers the old 160m thru 10 mtr bands. Has high stability, temperature compensated, integral VFO. Tubes are a a 5U4 rectifier, a VR-150 regulator, a 6X4, 6AU6 vfo, 6CL6 crystal oscillator/multiplier, 12AU7 keyer tube to avoid chirp, and a final 6146 for 40 watts output

You can write your own review of the Johnson Viking Navigator.

KE4EZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2009 11:47 Send this review to a friend
FB RIG  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can you say about a rig that works as well as it looks...I love my Navigator. I... like the other review had one years ago ...sold it and always regreted it about 6 years ago I had the chance to get another...who says you can't go home?!
I use mine QSK with Johnson TR Switch and Drake 2B/Q Mult. and you can hear them 3-4 times a week on NTS TWN PAN and MSN I love these rigs.
You can bet I won't let it go...
I think price new was
$149.99 KIT
$199.99 WIRED
But the sound of the CW and the FUN running is worth more than money to me. I'm glad its back in my shack.

K5MO Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2009 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Creat low power CW  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got my Navigator from a local friend, and use it regularly on 40CW. Mine had eaten the original meter, and is fitted with a replacement like so many others. It's a great rig, and lots of fun to use. These things are hard to find but well worth the effort. I too use mine a with a Drake 2B/2BQ setup.

K0JW Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2007 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent little transmitter!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned a Ranger (1) for decades, and finally obtained a Navigator which I am using with my Drake 2-B. This is a great little transmitter! It was dead when I got it but after restoring it I am working all over with it and the CW note if free of chirp. I think these are a bit harder to find as most fellas opted for the Ranger for a few extra bucks, but it is a real blast to use. Anyone else out there like the Navigator as well as me?